is giving supper ok ?

(3 Posts)
whimsicalquark Sat 06-Oct-12 20:32:42

my dd is almost 11 months. eats really well and breastfeeds. currently daily rountine is-

bf- 6am
breakfast- 7.30am
snack -10am
lunch 12pm
bf before afternoon nap
snack-2pm
tea 4.30pm
bf before bed approx 7pm
bf at many various times of night

since ive been back at work for last few weeks dd betime has ended up being later as she gets quite hyper when i collect her from parents and doesnt end up asleep until after 8pm. The issue is she is waking loads during night and i think she is hungry, she quite often isnt eating much tea and i think thats why. Do you think i shoulld give her supper ? if so when ? im worried that if do give it her it will decrease her milk intake before bed and thats only daytime feed she gets while im at work (3 days a week) any advice ??

needsadviceplease Sat 06-Oct-12 21:03:47

Could she be reversw cycling?

NotSoSuperMa Sat 06-Oct-12 22:08:08

When I'm worried about my boys not feeding or eating enough at a particular time, I tend to cut back the amount of food or milk they're having earlier on. So in your situation, I might try not offering a snack at 2 and/or make tea 15 minutes earlier.
Usually fiddling around with our routine distracts me from worrying about how many night feeds we're doing grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now