Help my boobs! (please)

(13 Posts)
oopsiforgot Mon 08-Oct-12 21:53:09

Yikers blush I know!! Glad things still improving wink

mememummy Mon 08-Oct-12 10:26:42

Thanks oops I'm feeling more positive and loads less sore but I have just been absolutely gob smacked at the price of formula.

oopsiforgot Sun 07-Oct-12 22:31:26

Glad to hear your feeling better. There just comes a point when enough is enough and I think by anyone's standards biting through a couple of nipple shields would do it for most! Btw the ibuprofen is important for the inflammation as opposed to just generally pain relief, to help prevent mastitis starting.

mememummy Sun 07-Oct-12 09:30:23

Feel slightly better today grin fingers crossed this is the beginning of the end of feeding for me as much as I love it I want the pain to stop... Well until baby number three whenever that may be

mememummy Sat 06-Oct-12 21:43:27

I will carry on with the cabbage leaves, my antibiotics and pain killers i have a hot water bottle atm and massaging seems to help luckily DD sleeps through so wont wake until 8am ish.

Lego would love to block feed but gnasher DD bit through three nipple shields,

thank you for your kind messages, I have turned into an emotional wreck this week, I was so not ready to stop I wanted to carry on and let her self wean but ho hum.

oopsiforgot Sat 06-Oct-12 21:23:55

Oh poor poor you! I was going to suggest cabbage leaves but you've tried that. Unless you persist with them? Did it drain any milk away? I've heard from
Non-breast feeders that you pop them in and in a bit retrieve a soggy cabbage leaf, so there is no sucking and no hormone release to produce more. Or, Can u express just a little off for relief, I know you're saying it will prolong the agony but think of it as weaning for your boobs not your baby. as for your scabs, got any lansinoh cream? You can get it on script. You can also get medication to stop your milk supply. Lastly you are mastitis waiting to happen so (strict instructions here!) ibuprofen (max dose, I think it's 400mg 6 hourly of the top of my head) fluids and REST! Do not move (except to get up for a wee!) or better yet get to your bed and allow OH to deal with any night wakenings. Good luck and much sympathy.

legoballoon Sat 06-Oct-12 21:21:09

Ibuprofen, keep going with the Savoy cabbage leaves (see www.kellymom.com, and you could try block feeding (google or search on the above site) for a few days to reduce supply.

I hope this helps. I remember the agony of blocked ducts, sore nipples etc. vividly. No one had mentioned pre-childbirth how difficult breastfeeding can be, but I found it worse than the birth for the first few months. Your problems are different, but I do hope you can take it easy and have someone look after you, and am sending you (for what it's worth) my very best wishes. [hug]

Or could you pump and give it to her in a bottle/cup for a wee bit longer and then cut down gradually over a few days/weeks so its not such a shock to the system?

Hot shower with the spray on your boobs and lean forward and let it drip out?
That way you aren't stimulating a let down by expressing.
It's so horrid I remember when dd first slept thro the night it was sore beyond belief so 4 days of it must be agony.
sad

mememummy Sat 06-Oct-12 21:11:35

Is there anyone else out there?!?

mememummy Sat 06-Oct-12 20:32:08

lol I dont know whether that will prolong the agony! but I may try thanks needs

needsadviceplease Sat 06-Oct-12 20:29:06

Can you express a tiny bit off to help? Sorry, someone who knows more will hopefully be along asap.

mememummy Sat 06-Oct-12 20:26:43

I am in actual pieces with the pain, I stopped breast feeding abruptly on tuesday as my daughter aged 6 month has nearly bitten my nipples off and I now have scabby tits. I had massive over supply and my boobs are rock hard sore and hot to touch I feel sick with the pain, I have seen GP who has given me antibiotics for potential masitis but I feel more engorged than infected.

What can I do to help? have been doing hot/cold compresses, baths in epsom salts, taking epsom salts, cabbage leaves with not much help. I just want to cuddle my girls. TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now