baby feeds then sleeps then wakes up ten mins after being in crib and feeds more, what is going on?

(10 Posts)
used2bthin Fri 05-Oct-12 23:51:35

She is 15 weeks and this is like newborn pattern only then she was waking due to needing to or being sick

I try to keep the feed going, blowing on her etc but when she's asleep she won't feed. She's been doing this since 8pm is she not getting enough milk?

used2bthin Fri 05-Oct-12 23:53:36

she has been unsettled about a week now, but has never slept mpre than one four hour followed by two two hour sleeps at night-i would love to get back to that now.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 06-Oct-12 09:17:26

What makes you think your supply could be an issue used? Is she producing enough wet nappies? Is she bright and alert at times? Is she gaining weight?

I think that what is going on could be one of two things. They have a growth spurt at around 4 months. You might also be suffering from the 4 month sleep regression.

How is she now? Did she crash out in the end? Have you tried sticking her in your bed and feeding lying down?

tiktok Sat 06-Oct-12 09:33:00

used, this is normal behaviour at any age - she just wants to be with you, prob, and will be happier not in her crib but sleeping on you, and then having more milk.

It's unlikely to have anything to do with supply.

Fighting agaist it by trying to keep her awake is harder work than just accepting it....it wont last forever smile

used2bthin Sat 06-Oct-12 18:05:40

Hi thank you. Sorry so late replying, I in fact put her in with me and she slept, albeit with very frequent feeding so I guess the waking was her thinking hang on, I don't want to be in my crib!

But could also be one of the things you linked to.

Thanks for the support, I felt so close to giving up last night. Tonight I am taking her out with me which is embarassing as everyone else has babies who are staying home but she feeds ALL evening still so I can't really leave her.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 06-Oct-12 18:08:45

Its not embarrasing to take your baby out with you used, she is still only tiny and its perfectly normal that she would want to be with you.

Hope you have a lovely time smile.

used2bthin Sun 07-Oct-12 00:09:59

Thanks I did but came to the conclusion I am not myself right now due to surviving on way too little sleep(dd1 has sn and is very hard work atm too)so I hope I get a better night-now finding I can't sleep even when I get chance to catch up on a bit as I can't relax-argh can't win!

used2bthin Sun 07-Oct-12 00:16:00

Just read the sleep regression link again-its definately her, she gets so distracted in the day! This is dd2 btw but I had a complicated time with dd1 due to her sn and she slep pretty well really-she was also mix fed. The result is I feel like this is all new and I am not managing it that well.

Softlysoftly Sun 07-Oct-12 04:33:26

DD2 is like this, she's 18 weeks never ever slept well but she's gone from up every hour to up as soon as I lay her down.

No advice as nothing I've done helps but just that I understand how utterly bone weary it makes you, let alone having another sn child to cope with <<hugs>>

note time - haven't been to sleep yet!

used2bthin Sun 07-Oct-12 07:32:47

oh no softly softly tat was a late one! Well dd slept 12-3ish then was in with me till dd1 woke us at 7 so not TOO bad although she pretty much fed constantly when in with me I think. So tired! Lets hope this sleep regression thing is not too long a stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now