Breastfeeding and weight loss!

(6 Posts)
BabydollsMum Sat 15-Sep-12 11:48:39

It'll come off naturally. Breastfeeding itself is the best way to lose weight. If you were slim beforehand you'll be slim again, just give it time. There's no way I could have done without my post-natal tea, cakes and pints with the NCT girls!

susiegrapevine Mon 10-Sep-12 22:45:58

I found that bf itself helps you loose weight just eat normal amounts you did before preganant. Last time I easily lost a stone and half and it did not take that long! Can't remember how long but a few months. Plus go on lots of walks with your baby pushing a pram will help you loose.

tannu Mon 10-Sep-12 22:41:32

thanks for the replies! smile I hope to lose some weight as i feel too heavy and im used to being fairly slim. I find my knees beginning to hurt too when standing up just to cook a meal! I've gone up from being 9 stone to 11 stone and 8 1bs blush.

Thanks once again.

Startailoforangeandgold Sun 09-Sep-12 15:26:00

Why are you trying to loss weight while your DC is so small?

Just enjoy your baby.

PieFaceShowCase Sun 09-Sep-12 14:26:00

I'm 11 weeks into bfing and had trouble with supplies and DS' weightgain too. I started SW 3 weeks ago and in the first week was very strict and lost 6 lbs (have a looot to go though!) but DS went from putting on an oz a day to 7 oz in a fortnight and dropped from 25th to 12th percentile. It might have been coincidence so I've stuck with SW but had larger quantities and only lost 1 lb this week (am yet to get DS weighed). So I'm not sure what to advise. I feel better for eating better but still need large quantities! I have started exercising a little bit too which makes me want to eat better but bfing just makes me soooo hungry.

Good luck!

tannu Sat 08-Sep-12 22:38:42

Hi Everyone! Please could anybody advise on weightloss whilst breastfeeding? I already had trouble with milk supplies, but have finally managed to crack it. I am worried that any diet may interfere with me getting enough breast milk. Can anyone advise on exactly how you should be eating to maintain healthy milk supplies and achieve a reasonable weight loss.

Anybody that may have tried slimming world and things alike would be most welcome to advise.

Thank-you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now