BOOK OF THE MONTH - vote for January's choice here

(9 Posts)

Do you keep a diary? And if you do, would you publish it? January's Book of the Month selection are all of the confessional nature, but wildly different in style - whose story will you vote for?

A note for your battered tattered 2008 diary: the poll closes 12am on Tuesday 16 December. So you'll have to get voting before 11.59pm on Monday 15 December, and then we'll announce the winner the next day.

And a date for the freshly minted 2009 one: we'll get together to chat about the winning book on Tuesday 27 January, between 8 and 10pm.

Don't forget: if you're new to the Bookclub you can check out how the Bookclub works, plus you can always grab a bit of literary inspiration from Mumsnet's Best Books Ever.

Swedes Fri 12-Dec-08 11:44:12

George and Weedon Grossmith - Diary of a Nobody is excellent.

christMAScomesbutonceayear Fri 12-Dec-08 14:45:57

yes, that'd be a great book ! love the painting of the bath bit

LittleJingleBellas Sun 14-Dec-08 21:03:19

I'd like to read Anne Frank's diary. Read the expurgated one when I was a kid but haven't read the full one since it was published and I have a copy but never got round to it yet, so this would be an ideal opportunity.

I'd like Anne Frank too.

But it looks like I Capture the Castle is in the lead right now...will let you know final result tomorrow...

lemurtamer Mon 15-Dec-08 13:57:43

Just saw this in time to vote, obviously don't spend enough time on mumsnet. I love Diary of a Nobody, also Mrs Pooter's Diary, but will go for one unread but on my to read list for ages.

Apologies, i got our poll system slightly mixed up and we still have until 12.00 tonight to cast our votes. Dodie Smith is still way ahead, but I won't give the final result until tomorrow morning, just in case...

AllIWant4XmasIsAstrawberrylace Tue 16-Dec-08 22:26:05

For various reasons I missed the last two bookclubs - hoping not to this time! I have just voted for the Dodie Smith, as I've never read this, and want to know what the fuss is all about (actually, i've only read Diary of a Nobody...)

strawberry, you're in luck - Dodie is our winner.

Here is the discussion thread - see you in Jan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now