October book of the month: The Outrun by Amy Liptrot - Apply for one of 50 free copies

(7 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Sep-16 15:27:30

We're delighted to announce that our October book of the month is The Outrun. Amy Liptrot's stunning memoir recounts her return to her childhood home in Orkney after falling into a chaotic and dangerous life controlled by alcoholism in London.

We rarely select a non-fiction title as book of the month but we all felt this book was so powerful and beautifully written that it triumphed over all the fiction we'd considered. Amy has kindly agreed to join us for a webchat on Wednesday 2 November, 9 - 10pm so apply now for a free copy before 10am Friday 23 September, read the book over the next few weeks and join us back here to discuss it and put questions to Amy.

If you're not lucky enough to bag a free copy, you can still join in the discussion - buy the book here.

MermaidofZennor Fri 16-Sep-16 17:23:16

Have just read this, last week. Thought it was brilliant, but found it quite upsetting. Reminded me of my dad's struggles with alcoholism, which ended in his death last year. But on a more positive note, I would love to see Orkney one day. Looking forward to joining in the chat smile

whatwoulddexterdo Sun 18-Sep-16 22:33:21

Have applied, looks interesting

alialiath Mon 19-Sep-16 20:19:06

I've applied for a copy of the book, as I think it will be an inspirational read, plus it's set in a beautiful part of the world.

tigerdog Mon 19-Sep-16 21:07:24

I have just read this too and really enjoyed it - I picked it up after a recommendation on Mumsnet. I would definitely recommend it.

PhoenixRisingSlowly Tue 20-Sep-16 11:48:41

Have applied. I've been aware of this book but haven't read it yet. It looks really good, and I'd love to get stuck into it as autumn draws in!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Sep-16 16:59:37

The book giveaway is now closed and we'll be emailing those who have been allocated copies before the end of the day. If you haven't been successful then do buy a copy in paperback or Kindle edition and read before the discussion evening and webchat with Amy Liptrot on 2 November, 9-10pm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now