Gone Girl

(10 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 09-Jul-14 19:41:53

Really didn't enjoy it in fact when I read a review of a newer blood and it says "for fans of Gone Girl" etc I stop looking at the book they are trying to promote and buy something else.

Andrews55 Tue 08-Jul-14 10:05:14

This is still in my 'to-be-read' pile. Keen to read it and add to the discussion.

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Wed 23-Apr-14 21:35:15

I enjoyed the start but soon guessed who dunnit so lost interest. I did think while reading that it would be ideal for TV and I saw somewhere recently that a movie is being made.

Theyvallgone Mon 14-Apr-14 12:17:16

(If you're going to read the book, or are reading it ... my post might put a dampner on it, just a warning!)

Thought the book and the whole idea was great. Was gripped all the way through ... felt utterly cheated at the end. I always wonder what the point is, getting invested in characters for an ending like this :/ Has put me off reading another like it ... but I hear they are better?

FifiTrix71 Sun 23-Feb-14 21:38:23

I started off loving it then hated it. Good to know some of the author's other books are ok though.

CookieLady Tue 18-Feb-14 17:08:14

I'm with ummlilia. Didn't enjoy 'Gone Girl' as much as the other two novels. I found 'Dark Places' utterly gripping - couldn't put the book don't much to my DH's dismay.

ummlilia Tue 18-Feb-14 17:05:23

I hated the ending with a vengeance..in fact I disliked the book completely, but have enjoyed other books by the author,for example, Sharp Objects.In this one it wasn't the writing, it was the unlikeable characters that did for me.

hennalyn Wed 12-Feb-14 05:57:19

Seems this book is really interesting, I would love to know why it was entitled Gone Girl. Anyone have read this book? Is the ending can really bring disappointment? I would love to know if it's worth reading and worth my time.

maggiemight Sat 08-Feb-14 06:20:11

Loved it, love the style of writing, went on t read her other two books, they were good, equally quirky, but I liked this the best.

neelia1949 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:19:15

I have just read this, a lot of hype but enjoyed , disappointed with the ending. I am invariably disappointed with these,maybe should write one myself.

What do you think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now