Martina Cole

(10 Posts)
Michiem Tue 09-Aug-11 07:20:39

I've only just discovered Martina Cole and read Maura's Game in 2 days, and am now totally hooked. Any suggestions for other books by her or similar writers with strong female characters ruling the underworld?

ElectricSoftParade Tue 09-Aug-11 15:04:37

Read The Ladykiller - remember reading it in less than 2 days because it was so gripping. Then my dh and then my mother read it just as quickly.

Excellent!

VelvetSnow Tue 09-Aug-11 15:10:27

Read Dangerous Lady.

It is about Maura and how she grew up (the terrible things that happened to her) and how she came to be head of the underworld.

Also it explains the relationship with the police officer and also concentrates a little more on her brother Michael!

Please read it - if you loved Mauras Game then you'll be ecstatic with Dangerous Lady.

sparkle1977 Thu 11-Aug-11 13:58:45

I have read The Ladykiller and Hard Girls by Martina Cole, both really excellent books.

Michiem Thu 11-Aug-11 14:05:11

Thanks for the recommendations, have just trawled the charity shops and found The Ladykiller and Broken, hopefully these will take me into next week smile

sparkle1977 Fri 12-Aug-11 14:41:57

Sorry to tell half a story but last night whilst looking at the books in my local Tesco I came across another female author who was likened to Martina Cole that had a book out. The first name was Jessie, cannot recall the last name.

jessie keane, by any chance? she is quite good, as is manda-sue heller, but none of them are a patch on martina cole (imo).

i've never read a bad martina cole book, she's fab smile

Michiem Sun 25-Sep-11 09:37:09

Just watched Dangerous Lady and The Jump, totally don't do the books justice but still lovely mini series

theonlyhb2 Sun 25-Sep-11 17:33:40

the runaway was good

Michiem Tue 27-Sep-11 21:05:11

And the Take but def prefer her writing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now