Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Apply for free copies of Alan Johnson's memoirs, This Boy and Please Mr Postman

(8 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 26-Oct-16 17:46:45

We're thrilled that Alan Johnson (MP for Hull West and Hessle) will be joining us on Monday November 21 between 9 and 10pm to talk about his life, which he has chronicled in his much acclaimed memoirs, This Boy, Please Mr Postman and The Long and Winding Road.

Alan's memoirs have frequently been discussed on Mumsnet boards. Of This Boy one mumsnetter said: "l loved this gently, humorous, account of the harsh, heart rendering early life of this politician... I was reluctant to reach the end and can only look forward to the continuation of an amazing story".

Ahead of the webchat, we have 25 copies of This Boy and 25 copies of Please Mr Postman up for grabs. If you'd like to read and join the webchat with Alan, apply for a free copy. Everyone who joins the webchat will be entered into a draw to win a signed copy of his latest book, The Long and Winding Road.

We'll link to the webchat discussion thread from this thread as soon as it's live in November Please hold your questions and put them to him there.

Cocolepew Wed 26-Oct-16 18:06:39

The link isnt working for me, it says the page doesn't exsist.

Clawdy Wed 26-Oct-16 19:36:24

Yes, me too, must be a problem.

Cocolepew Wed 26-Oct-16 19:43:13

I've reported the post ☺️

SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Oct-16 11:22:27

Hi folks - sorry about that! The link is now working so do try again now!

Cocolepew Thu 27-Oct-16 16:11:44

Thanks sorcha smile

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Nov-16 11:54:48

Just to let you know the book giveaway is now closed and we'll be contacting all those who have been allocated books by the end of the day.

Whether or not you've received a free book, please do put the date in your calendar to join the webchat with Alan on Monday 21st November between 9 and 10pm when he'll be answering your questions.

Alibongo67 Wed 30-Nov-16 18:14:02

I have read This Boy, it is highly recommended, I would love to receive
Mr Postman

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now