Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Have you read any of the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day? Post your feedback by 23 August for chance to win £100 Love2Shop Voucher!

(87 Posts)
SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 27-Jun-16 16:35:44

Eva and Gideon’s journey is not easy. There are times when it seems love can’t conquer all. But these two understand each other on the most primal level. It’s Eva and Gideon’s fierce struggle to love one another – in spite of their demons – that has captivated readers worldwide.

The five-book Crossfire series deeply explores questions of love, life and self-acceptance. Bared to You and Reflected in You follow Eva and her journey to recovery, but through Entwined with You and Captivated by You the focus shifts to Gideon as he takes the steps toward healing that’s a driving force for Crossfire. The anxiously awaited One with You­ is the heart-breaking and poignant finale to this searingly successful series.

We've got 150 books from the Crossfire series, including One with You, to give away to lucky Mumsnetters to read and share their thoughts about it on this discussion thread. Go to the giveaway page to find out more about the books in the series and pick which one you'd like a free copy of.

You don't have to win a free copy to take part in this discussion. Anyone who has read the Crossfire series can post their feedback here. If you miss out on a free one, you can buy a copy of the latest installment. All who post feedback before 23 August will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Love2shop voucher. The giveaway ends on Monday 4 July so apply now!

When posting feedback, please write the name of the book you read before your comments.

This discussion is sponsored by Penguin Random House

weathermum Wed 06-Jul-16 16:59:39

many thanks for the free book I will look forward to the postman calling

Alichelseagirl Wed 06-Jul-16 20:33:55

Thank you so much, just received my email today smile I have all the others so will be so nice to complete the set! Thank you again smile

aristocat Wed 13-Jul-16 13:59:01

Thank You for my book, it arrived this morning and looks brilliant. I will report back once I have read some smile

sheiladore1 Thu 14-Jul-16 15:16:35

Many thanks for the book i look forward to reading it,

Lariflete Sun 17-Jul-16 21:49:22

Thank you for the book.
I got a copy of the book and started reading it last night. I hadn't read much / heard about the Crossfire series (I know, I must have been living under a rock!) and was a little bit surprised at the nature of it.
However, I do think it is well written (I am reading 'Bared to You') although the story isn't very exciting.
The main characters both have dark pasts and are very rich. The author hints at them having similar experiences although this hasn't been explicitly said yet.
I like stories in which the characters have flaws and have to work through them as long as they are rational and not having ridiculous misunderstandings throughout the story.
The only thing I don't like, is the idea that meeting someone can change a persons personality immediately. It seems like a bad idea to plant the idea that all a person needs is to be loved by the right person to be made right / whole.
I'm not sure that I would read any more of this series but I appreciate the opportunity to read the first volume. Thank you Mumsnet for choosing me to receive this copy for free in order to review it.

weathermum Mon 18-Jul-16 17:38:22

Bared to You...sadly not too impressed...but thankyou for giving me the chance to read this book I will pass it on

aristocat Mon 18-Jul-16 19:07:39

I didn't realise that these books were the same theme as Fifty Shades sad I have read about a third so far and it's ok. There's not much of a story to be honest just lust and sex so far.
Hoping it will get better.

stephme191 Tue 19-Jul-16 11:58:17

I was lucky enough to win a copy of the final book "One with you" having previously read all the other books in the series i was looking forward to see how Gideon & Evas story would end. I actually prefer the crossfire books to the fifty shades of grey series, i find the story more interesting and doesn't feel like its just all sex.
I Thought how they finished off the story was brill, half way through the book i did worry if it would actually have a good ending as seemed to be to many loose ends but all came together in the end.
I would recommend anyone who liked fifty shades to read this.

Rae1000 Tue 19-Jul-16 12:49:22

I received Captivated By You which I believe is the 4th in the series. I have never read these books before & you can read them individually though I definately think it would be more beneficial to read them in sequence as I could tell there was a past as such with the book. I am going to attempt to read them from the library this Summer as my adult Summer reading scheme. Thanks mumsnet. Really enjoyed

MamaMummyMum Wed 20-Jul-16 19:56:10

I receive One With You -

Having read the rest of the series I was initially disappointed that it had been stretched out to a fifth book but when I started reading One With You I became excited to get engrossed in Gideon's story again. It was well written and engaging what made me lower it to 4 stars was the fact that the last part of the book felt rushed to me. I wanted more from an epilogue, if anything I was left thinking that their story still felt somewhat incomplete.

aristocat Thu 21-Jul-16 23:02:08

Well my book was #1 Bared to You.
It was ok, the characters are fine and such brilliant efficient writing but I prefer more of a storyline tbh, this was basically the female lead always running away just so the guy can come running after you hmm again and again .......
Lots of steamy sex scenes ( and I mean lots!!). I will pass my book onto a best friend, thanks again mumsnet for the chance to read this.

alialiath Sat 23-Jul-16 17:35:48

I received a copy of Bared to You, which I believe is the first in a series of books, and will sadly be my last. Well not so much of the sadly. I just prefer my reading material to have a decent story and credible characters.
Why on earth would I want to waste my time reading about hot,steamy sex, when I could be doing exactly that with my other half.

RoastieToastieReastie Sun 24-Jul-16 06:40:25

Potential spoiler alert. I was sent 'reflected in you' from mn to read (thank you mn). It was a quick and easy read and it was better written that the dire fifty shades. I found it annoying how Eva was constantly thinking the relationship was over when it seemed clear to the reader it wasn't, I also found Gideon's controlling behaviour very worrying in how it was accepted and made my teeth itch that people may read this thinking it could be accepted in a relationship. It picked up marginally at the end with the murder plot (which I assume sets up the next book). It's not really my kind of book or something I will continue with (although I am frustrated enough with lack of answers to have a google as to how the series ends) but if you like this kind of thing you may well prefer it to fifty shades.

buckleymichael Sun 24-Jul-16 22:32:24

I recieved 'Bared to you' and took it with me on holiday, I can honestly say I only read the first chapter and found it boring, my daughter-in-law however picked it up and read the whole book and loved it x

pennwood Mon 25-Jul-16 17:51:22

One With You by Sylvia Day is the final of the Crossfire books & I have to admit I have not read any of the others, however it was easy to pick up the storyline. The book was two thirds through before it became really interesting with the shooting, & the ends all tying together in the conclusion. I became a little bored with the sex theme running through it as it all became too improbable that two people can lust after each other every minute of every day, for a whole book. The Fifty Shades Of Grey trilogy was of the same ilk but better I thought.

sillynickers Mon 25-Jul-16 18:35:18

Received and read Entwined with you. I was intrigued by the premise as so many relationships seem to fall apart at the 'drop of a hat'.
I found it well written, and I enjoyed the storyline. I do wish I'd been able to read the first books in the series, but it has left me badgering hubby for the Crossfire series for my birthday next month.
Some of the love scenes were more than sensual and every so often I would find hubster peering over my shoulder, and then stopping me from turning the page.

rachnicuk Mon 25-Jul-16 18:46:21

received my copy of Bared To All last week. Almost finished it. I had not heard of this series before. Similar mode to Shades of Grey, I am waiting to find out Gideons story, Eva has bared all (in more ways than one ;) )Will read next book in series. Some interesting characters in the background which makes storyline more interested. Thanks mumsnet for putting me forward for my copy

AngelwingsPetlamb Mon 25-Jul-16 18:54:22

I read One With You and I was really pleased to receive it as I had read the previous books. It's quite a quick read but I found it disappointing as I had questions to be answered with regard to the ongoing story line, and they weren't.
The story continues and you think all will be revealed but it isn't for example you never find out if it was Carey's baby or not.
The storyline is sensual but a bit samey and tame after a while, it's ok as chewing gum reading but I probably could think of better books to recommend.

ricola1 Mon 25-Jul-16 19:15:55

Id never heard of the crossfire series before I received my book. Ive just started to read it and am totally hooked. So easy to get into and keep your attention. Will be busy reading it again tonight!!

busterj Mon 25-Jul-16 20:27:12

Many thanks for the book i look forward to reading it,

girlsmum Mon 25-Jul-16 21:20:16

I received 'Bared To You' - Thank you very much.

I found the book a quick read, I enjoyed it as a light story that was easy to get into.

I like a bit of sex in my books and this didn't disappoint.

I would recommend it as a holiday book and will look out for the sequel next time I go away.

annbwinters Mon 25-Jul-16 21:35:22

Thank you so much for the book! Mumsnet, I really appreciated the opportunity for both reading and reviewing this book.
I receaved and read “Bared to you”, the first instalment of the Crossfire series a few weeks ago. I apologize about only now leaving my thoughts on this thread...
It was my first read of this series however I was not very impressed by it I’m afraid. It is a highly erotic read but it lacks a narrative. The story line could be more complex and not revolving only on sex... Nonetheless for me, its flaw lies on the main characters which are not believable and incoherent. I didn’t feel any chemistry between them as well, it is not the fact the author repeats constantly about how ‘hot’ the characters feel about each other that provides any chemistry or emotional connection, it is the subtilties of actions in a consistent narrative, which the book lacks. I was also left with plot lines unanswered.

Heinz57 Mon 25-Jul-16 22:41:43

Never heard of these books before so asked for the 'bared to you' first book of the series. Didn't realise they were saucy novels! V similar to fifty shades

Seamus68 Tue 26-Jul-16 08:07:08

Bared to You, should perhaps be titled Bored by You - Not the most thrilling storyline I'm afraid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now