Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Do Less Get More by Sháá Wasmund

(36 Posts)
SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 17-Mar-16 09:52:52

As part of our ongoing campaign with Penguin Life to bring you books to inspire healthy living, this month we bring you Do Less, Get More- PR entrepreneur Sháá Wasmund's guide to getting the most out of your life instead of 'making do'.

Do Less, Get More is designed for those with short attention spans and tight schedules. Not only does it inspire but it also provides practical ways to create change now, including tips and tricks on identifying your strengths, managing your time and combatting the ‘disease to please’.

We've got 50 copies of Do Less Get More to give away to Mumsnetters who want to read and share their thoughts about it on this discussion thread. Go to the giveaway page to find out more about the book and apply for a free copy.

You don't need to have won a copy to post on the discussion thread - if you've read the book, we'd love to hear your thoughts.

This giveaway is sponsored by Penguin Life.

SorchaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 24-Mar-16 13:49:28

The giveaway of Do Less, Get More has now closed and those who have been selected will be notified today. For those who haven't been lucky this time, do buy a copy of the book, ebook or download from Audible. Audible are offering Mumsnet members five free audiobooks when they start a trial, find out more on our discount partner page.

We look forward to hearing your feedback.

Mominmamma Thu 24-Mar-16 14:59:57

Short attention span and a tight schedule? This book is perfect for me. Thank you Mumsnet and Penguin Life I look forward to receiving my copy.

leilajay Sat 26-Mar-16 07:22:44

Wonderful! Thank you looking forward to read it and share my thoughts.smile

Greymalkin Sun 27-Mar-16 06:20:13

Just signing in, looking forward to receiving my copy smile

ShanghaiDiva Tue 29-Mar-16 11:27:39

Look forward to receiving my copy smile

Greymalkin Mon 04-Apr-16 13:00:51

Received my copy today

wallers5 Mon 04-Apr-16 16:18:38

Received my copy today & started looking at Do Less Get More immediately. Ideal timing. School holidays, 2 small girls & heavily involved in lambing. No time, too tired to read at night BUT with my new guidebook in hand there is hope yet. Thank you.

FireandBrimstone Mon 04-Apr-16 21:56:39

Thank you very much for the book, received today. Great timing, day 1 of a two week holiday!

pinkcarnations Tue 05-Apr-16 18:40:30

Received my copy today, looking forward to reading later smile

themumfrombrum Thu 07-Apr-16 11:08:19

Thank you for my copy! Looking forward to starting it shortly.

TheCookingMonster Thu 07-Apr-16 11:16:14

Thank you so much for my copy of Do Less Get More. Looks very interesting. Can't wait to read it!

vincenta Thu 07-Apr-16 11:32:39

Thank you! received my copy, read first 24 pages.Can't wait to read more!Just what I needed!

4isplenty Thu 07-Apr-16 11:38:36

Just had to jump in. I'm only a few pages in and I already feel like this book could be written for me personally. I really need this. I'll post back when I've finished but I can already tell that, while I think its good for me, it is a perfect book for people of these times x

Supermam Thu 07-Apr-16 11:39:00

Received my book - thank you very much! I've started it already and really like its straightforward approach and uplifting phrases. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of it

Lariflete Thu 07-Apr-16 14:30:52

The language is very positive and even in the first couple of chapters, I've identified some of the day-to-day strategies I use.
I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this book as I applied for this because I am in the process of setting up my own business and I thought it would be a useful tool.
Thank you so much for choosing me to receive a copy for free, I will report back when I have finished the rest of the book.

Bishybishybarnabee Thu 07-Apr-16 17:45:25

Received the book, now just need to find the time to read it....
Have just started, finding it has very clear, straightforward language making it easy to read. Will report back when I've read more.

dalek Thu 07-Apr-16 19:11:00

Thank you for my free copy of this book - only about 20 pages in. It is very easy to read - short chapters - will repot back once I've finished it.

leilajay Thu 07-Apr-16 20:18:03

Very enlightening. Prioritise what's truly important! A good start reading the book. I feel like someone is whispering in my ears with positive energy. smile

halfaglassofouzodestructo Sat 09-Apr-16 08:20:21

Received my copy this week and have managed to make time to read a few pages each night. The bits about fear resonated with me - what fears are holding you back? I've become increasingly risk averse over the last few years and would really like to be a bit more daring. Enjoying it so far and hoping it inspires me to prioritise the things I really want to do!

supermariossister Sat 09-Apr-16 12:28:10

receiving this was nice suprise will be back to review once ive found the time to read it through. couldnt have arrived at a better time as currently being treated for anxiety and learning to manage my expectation of myself so hoping to apply this to my recovery.

loosechange Sat 09-Apr-16 20:18:09

Thank you for the book.
I have just finished Part1. I am finding the book a little chatty so far, akin to a friend who tells me in twenty words what she could tell me in ten. I'm not sure how much of that because my brain works better with bullet points.

Having said that, the book has some very valid points and I will keep reading it. I just can't read more than a few pages at a time or I feel over talked at.

triniposse Sun 10-Apr-16 18:06:43

Thanks for the book!!! I found this book easy to read and full of valuable, positive tips on getting things shipshape. Once you pick this book up to read it, you are sure to come across an idea that you can use and instill in your everyday lifestyle to make things flow along much easier.
I feel it could have been a bit longer, thanks for the advice wink

fridaykitten Mon 11-Apr-16 00:08:22

Thank you for my copy of the book.

Tried to read it to start with but ended up skimming a lot as found it really repetative and overly wordy.
Finished skimming through the book and oh my goodness, mostly found it a load of drivel. The exercises were useful and had a point but the writing became unbareable in using 100 words where 5 were sufficient. It was overly preachy as well.

Perhaps this book was just not for me as I feel a lot of what was suggested was common sense that I have applied to my life for years - eg. Focusing energy on most valued/true friends, saying 'no' to things, focusing on things that add joy and value to my life, pushing forward with my interest/strength areas.
Nothing in this book is new or revolutionary but I the ideas and exercises may be of value if the first chapter about being constantly busy yet achieving little is you - for me it totally wasnt relevent to my life.

Would not buy anything else by this auther as found the writing style to be pretty much unreadable for more than a few pages at a time. Plus those little 'inspirational quotes' throughout made me want to tear the page up and eat it...not quite, but they grated on me something terrible.

elio Wed 13-Apr-16 16:11:33

Thank you for my copy, we have just moved house so have been doing too busy..about to start it today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now