Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Star Wars Adventures in Space - The Snare

(40 Posts)
UrsulaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 02-Mar-16 12:28:22

It is a dark time in a galaxy far, far away…

When Milo and Lina Graf's parents are abducted by agents of the evil Empire, the children must undertake a perilous journey across the unknown reaches of Wild Space to rescue them – and to discover hope for the future.

In this first full-length adventure, Milo and Lina look for allies on an ancient frontier world – but the cruel Imperial officer Captain Korda has prepared a trap…

Egmont have asked us to find 50 Mumsnetters to read The Snare and tell us what they think about it (and what their children think about it!) on this discussion thread. Go to the giveaway page to find out more and apply for a free copy.

You don't have to win a free copy to take part in the discussion. Anyone who has read The Snare can post their feedback here, and all who post before 18th April will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 Love2Shop voucher.

Don't worry if you haven't finished reading by then. Feel free to drop in at whatever point you've got up to and give your fellow readers your first impressions about the story, characters, writing style.

This giveaway is sponsored by Egmont

MummyBtothree Wed 02-Mar-16 19:57:57

Yes please!

barricade Thu 03-Mar-16 11:55:04

Brilliant competition. If I can win just one book this Winter, please let it be this!! (Please, please, please ....)

smile

Rae1000 Mon 07-Mar-16 14:46:13

Delighted to have been selected. Thanks

RuthCart Mon 14-Mar-16 19:48:11

We just received our copy and my husband and son couldn't wait to dive in. I don't think I'll get chance to read it! Thanks for the copy.

Mozarmstrong Tue 15-Mar-16 22:45:21

An amazing and deeply thought full read. Knowing myself how life's history can be forgotten then boom something or someone bonds their thoughts. Please read this and see how your feelings appear again and again.

bicky Tue 15-Mar-16 23:06:59

My 9 year old can't get his head out of this book, massive thumbs up here, he loves the book & I love the fact he's reading

weathermum Thu 17-Mar-16 09:52:10

Thankyou for my copy of this book..I have given it a quick look through and intend going over it in the next week with my grandchild who is really interested in this subject I hope to come back in a few days with their thoughts as it is a children's book.

Rae1000 Fri 18-Mar-16 13:39:55

Fabulous. My son couldn't stop reading it. Kept him quiet last weekend. Big thumbs up from him! Thanks

Radley1 Sat 19-Mar-16 16:25:59

Received a copy on your giveaway. My 8 year old was able to read alone and loved it
so much has asked me to look for others in the series . Great praise indeed from a reluctant reader. I also had a read and was impressed myself with now the story held the suspense and thrill in such a small passage .

Larnipoo Sat 19-Mar-16 22:07:41

My son has just finished this and loved it. He got another Star Wars title with his world book day voucher!

cathisherwood Sat 19-Mar-16 22:13:14

I was so pleased to get this book as two of my grandsons are the right age for this book and will fight over who will get to read it first. I have read it and think they will enjoy it as it is so fast paced and the illustrations add to the general excitement. To me it seemed rather short with an unsatisfactory ending but I suppose this is so we have to buy the next book in the series to carry on enjoying the story. It is being passed on to the boys this week so will post their feedback soon

Rumpole Mon 21-Mar-16 12:45:26

Thanks for our copy. My 9 year old son has been engrossed in it - not finished yet but thoroughly enjoying so far. Will post his feedback soon.

Mozarmstrong Mon 21-Mar-16 14:27:42

Oh so intriguing completely drew me in can't wait for next two. Excellent book

weathermum Mon 21-Mar-16 15:56:42

An interesting story....but sadly didn't hold the attention as I thought it would...so I am afraid this was a bit of a no no but thankyou so much for the chance to try it. Maybe on a second reading the grandchildren might enjoy it more so we will try again in a few weeks.

kateandme Mon 21-Mar-16 17:13:48

Fab!this was loved by all young old male and female.it wasn't a patronising younger read just really well balanced.

kate234 Mon 21-Mar-16 18:23:07

My son is 9 and reads a lot. He says, and I quote 'It's good'. He also says he understands all the words and he's going to finish it. This would suit readers a lot older than 9 too.

kaydeed Mon 21-Mar-16 19:01:56

My grandson who is 10 has enjoyed this book immensely. He can not stop reading me extracts of it. This book has really held his attention well. A very well written book for what is an awkward boys age for reading.

glenka Mon 21-Mar-16 20:53:36

My nephew was so pleased to get this book. He loves reading and likes this kind of story. It kept him throughly engrossed and he hopes there will be many others like it to read.

Anj123 Tue 22-Mar-16 11:54:15

I gave this to my 11 year old daughter to read as she enjoyed the film at the cinema. However, she felt the book was too young for her and too basic. She probably would have enjoyed it more a few years ago. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to read it though.

barricade Wed 23-Mar-16 07:44:14

I wasn't lucky enough to win this, unfortunately. But we simply had to get our hands on it, being Star Wars and all.
This is a great follow-up to 'The Escape' (the first part / prelude which was written for World Book Day). The story really kicks off with this book, 'The Snare', and with 'The Nest'. Milo and Lina Graf are hot on the trail of their kidnapped parents who are being kept prisoner by the Galactic Empire. But, unknown to them, Imperial Officer Captain Korda has laid a dastardly trap for them ...
Fantastic set of books. Original characters like the steel-jawed Captain Korda and the mash-up droid CR-8R fit perfectly into the Star Wars world.
Looking forward to the next 2 parts, 'The Steal' and 'The Dark'.

redhat Thu 24-Mar-16 15:09:17

My 8 (nearly 9) year old son really enjoyed the book and has asked for the next in the series. He was able to read it himself and it didn't feel dumbed down, still very much in the star wars style.

Stujobohm Thu 24-Mar-16 20:20:08

My 7 year old daughter loved this book and asked to stay up late to finish it, she enjoyed the story from start to finish, thanks for the copy smile

katiewalters Fri 25-Mar-16 19:26:56

I won a copy, which my son read. He really enjoyed it. His review:
In a galaxy far away, Milo and Lina's parents are kidnapped by Captain Korda, a horrible villain. Follow Milo and Lina on their starship, as they go on an adventure to try and save their parent's. I liked that there was chapters, each a few pages long. There is black and white illustrations throughout, which breaks the text up a bit. It was easy to read on my own and I didn't come across many difficult words. It was easy to follow and full of adventure. There is a lot of technical terms; things to do with repulsors, magna-pads, the engineering and computer systems on the ship, etc but I liked that it goes into detail, even though I weren't sure what some things were. Milo and Lina are very brave. The story is to be continued in book 2: The Nest, and I will want to read that to see what happens next.

Pigeonpea Sat 26-Mar-16 14:44:55

Read it with my Nephew - he loved it. He's a massive Star Wars fan, so I was intrigued to see if the book would deliver for him - it did!
Great to see my nephew so wrapped up in a book

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now