Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: The Winter Children by Lulu Taylor

(9 Posts)
UrsulaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Dec-15 11:28:53

Looking for a chilling thriller to read this winter? Look no further! Lulu Taylor's suspenseful novel tells the story a long-hidden secret that begins to seep into the light when a happy family moves to Renniston Hall...

To find out more and apply for a free copy of the book, visit our giveaway page.

TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Dec-15 15:16:09

Hello, this giveaway has now closed, thanks to everyone who applied. We'll be in touch with the winners shortly.

Susangilley7 Mon 28-Dec-15 18:14:22

Just received my copy. I look forward to reading it. It looks a good read.

khuliloach Fri 01-Jan-16 16:39:45

Received this book on Christmas Eve, so thank you very much. I started reading it straight away and am really enjoying it.

I'm nearly half way through and am enjoying the split story with the time difference.

I will report back when I finish and will also pass the book on to my mum to read.

Thanks again.....

sylwright Sun 10-Jan-16 15:35:01

Thanks for my copy, received around Christmas and tidied away and only just found it. Looking forward to reading it. smile

khuliloach Sun 10-Jan-16 16:52:40

Have just finished this book and really enjoyed it. I felt the middle part of the book was a little slow but overall thought it was very good and would read another from this author.

LizzieSlade Mon 11-Jan-16 14:09:55

Received my copy just before Christmas which was a lovely, exciting surprise! Just started reading it now and am really enjoying it, can't wait to get to the end!!

thriftymrs Tue 19-Jan-16 10:42:22

'The Winter Children' was an easy and enjoyable read although I was able to guess quite early on how most of the plot would develop. It kept my attention as a read on my work commute and I was keen to read to the end which was a satisfying conclusion. As khuliloach above mentions, the split time difference gives the story an added layer of interest and suspense. I don't want to give too much away to those who haven't read it yet. It would appeal, I think, to women of most ages. A light but enjoyable read and I would read others by Lulu Taylor.

LizzieSlade Wed 20-Jan-16 12:01:08

I've finished this book now and I would agree with thriftymrs above, I did really enjoy it but the end was a little bit predictable. I enjoyed the elements of the story in the past but found the main male character just slightly annoying towards the end!! Thoroughly enjoyable read though. Thank you very much for my copy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now