Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: The Visitors Book and other ghost stories

(12 Posts)
UrsulaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 26-Oct-15 16:29:23

No one leaves - or lives - without signing it.

A little collection of terrifying ghost stories to spook you silly! Bestselling author Sophie Hannah takes the comforting scenes of everyday life and imbues them with a frisson of fear and a gust of terror...

Find out more about the book in our author Q&A, read an extract, and apply for a free copy on the giveaway page

This giveaway is sponsored by Sort of Books

sallyst123 Fri 20-Nov-15 22:13:44

Thank you for the chance to review the book, it arrived yesterday.
what a great collection smile
There are 4 short story's each one has a twist in the tale. Usually I can see the twist but have to say I didn't see the end in any of them.
Great little collection for Halloween or a fan of the supernatural. Just don't read while your alone in the house!!!😱😱😱

MrsRedWhite214 Mon 23-Nov-15 19:44:34

A beautiful little pocket book from Sophie Hannah. The short stories are easy to read and involve everyday situations with a spooky twist. Expect goosebumps from these ghost stories, but you won't be reading from behind closed hands.

thriftymrs Tue 24-Nov-15 12:07:56

This is a sweet little hardback book, easy and quick to read. I couldn't put the book down until I had read each story. They would work well being read aloud to teenagers too for a spooky evening, Halloween or sleepover. As the insert mentioned, this would make a great little stocking filler for anyone who enjoys short ghost stories. I shall look forward to seeing what Sophie Hannah writes next.

sallyc06 Tue 24-Nov-15 16:38:39

Wow, what a cute little book, would make an ideal stocking filler. I loved the 4 little stories, kept me in suspense. Fabulous!

chris69 Tue 24-Nov-15 23:42:00

A cute quirky little book of ghost stories for dark winters night. An enjoyable read, thanks mumsnet for the free copy.

JamJar1 Sun 29-Nov-15 15:41:09

Thank you mumsnet for my free copy!
Perfect size for posting and putting in a Christmas stocking.
I'm easily scared but these are not hide behind the sofa stories, more quirky, odd and unexpected stories that stay with you long after you've finished reading them.

henbane Mon 30-Nov-15 18:44:57

My copy arrived the day before we went away for a few days in our campervan so I took it with me. It's quite slight, I read it in one sitting, but very enjoyable - the title story is particularly memorable. I'd say it made me shiver...but that may have been more to do with the near-zero temperatures on our Norfolk camp site ;-)

shelaghh Wed 02-Dec-15 17:16:03

What a lovely looking book, would make a lovely stocking filler for anyone

with a nervous disposition. - i.e. " LIKE ME ". The four stories were

so good- yet so scary. May there be further books of this quality.

SuzCG Fri 04-Dec-15 11:16:02

Thank you Mumsnet/Publisher for my copy of this book.

4 short stories, all different and with a twist! There is a skill to engaging readers within just a few pages of short stories and I certainly think it was found in this book. I found it easy to get into and just creepy/chilling enough. I will enjoy sharing this book with my other reading friends now that I have enjoyed it.

keriku Wed 06-Jan-16 10:17:52

I was fortunate enough to receive a copy fo this to review. What a cracker of a book-it is years since I have read ghost stories and these are AMAZING! I loved the format of the book too, nice and wee with lined inner pages just like a visitors book. Thoroughly enjoyable! Sorry my review is late, I have been quite ill.

BigGapMum Tue 26-Jan-16 21:19:20

I really enjoyed this little book. Just four short stories and just the right creepiness level for me. Thank you Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now