Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Little Girl Gone

(12 Posts)
UrsulaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Sep-15 14:37:07

After being found in a car crash miles from her home, Estelle only remembers blood...so much blood. But she knows two things; that her daughter is missing, and that she holds the key to what happened. What she doesn't know is whether she was responsible.

This stunning debut from Alexandra Burt is expected to be the next killer thriller to hit the bestseller charts. Little Girl Gone has been hailed as "impossible to put down" by Edgar Award-winning author Meg Gardiner and is a thrilling page-turner.

Visit the giveaway page to find out more and apply for one of 50 free copies.

Don't forget if you're lucky enough to receive the book, we do ask that you tell us what you think about it in our reviews section or in the thread below.

This giveaway is sponsored by Harper Collins

Clawdy Tue 01-Mar-16 11:15:13

Oddly, I received a copy of this book today but the give away was five months ago!

lasttothebar Wed 02-Mar-16 10:04:25

I received one yesterday as well a nice surprise

ahigney Thu 03-Mar-16 11:35:03

Received two days ago as well.How bizarre.But a nice surprise!!

thriftymrs Thu 03-Mar-16 11:52:04

Just received my copy too and will start reading at the weekend. After just having finished The Stopped Heart, I think I should probably read some chic lit or a biography for a bit of light-hearted relief!

thriftymrs Thu 03-Mar-16 12:09:24

Just received my copy too and will start reading at the weekend. After just having finished The Stopped Heart, my next book will need to be something rather more light-hearted!

thriftymrs Mon 21-Mar-16 13:20:30

Just finished Little Girl Gone. I really enjoyed the story and it's certainly something that fans of Girl on a Train and Gone Girl would enjoy. An engrossing psychological thriller with believable characters and a twisting plot line.

Estelle, mother to baby Mia, wakes up in hospital severely injured and suffering with amnesia relating to the accident she has suffered, although she remembers her daughter has been kidnapped. Clearly suffering from post-natal depression, the story evolves as Estelle desperately tries to piece together the events leading up her accident in an attempt to pin down what has happened to Mia .

A real page-turner, I recommend this book. Thank you, Mumsnet, for sending a copy my way.

Sallyb82 Wed 30-Mar-16 14:53:27

I received mine last week, perfect timing as I'd just finished a book that day. Read in record time for me. Found it really intriguing and with enough twists and turns to ensure it wasnt as predictable as you first expect. Really did enjoy it but just found the ending a little too condensed compared to the rest of the book. Good read.

Yasmin1 Tue 12-Apr-16 12:43:51

Finished this a few days ago, the book was a good read, not one to take on holiday day. It is quite tense and as said before a page turner, so those on holiday with you may feel neglected if you take this book. Loved the characters & you empathise with the main character, Estelle. The emotional difficulties she suffered after having a baby and feeling detached from her child. A good book to read. Thanks for sending.

Dsiso Mon 25-Apr-16 11:55:25

I really enjoyed this book - can't stand it when I can't get into a book or that I take ages to finish one, so this suited me perfectly. Herat-wrenching in places, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for the free book in the giveaway!

magmaSKG Sun 02-Oct-16 04:15:57

Paints a really vivid picture of post-partum feelings and thoughts.

Definitely not a beach read. If you made the mistake of packing it for holidays, your friends and family are so gonna miss you for couple of days.

Although Estelle was in a really dark place (and I don't like reading about dark places), I couldn't put the book down. And that says something about a book that took me long to pick up in the first place. Maybe it was the title, maybe it was the book-cover, something was putting me off.

If that's the case with you, just ignore both and delve into it!

Highly emotional and really gripping. Deals in great detail with depression and while making the main characters so hard to like or empathise with, you still wanna read all about them.

nottinghillyummymummy Tue 11-Oct-16 15:56:07

Hi where do you get the book giveaways?? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now