Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book Giveaway: The Dinosaur that Pooped the Past

(15 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 18-Aug-14 10:52:42

We're giving a way 50 copies of The Dinosaur that Pooped the Past, the brand new book in the hilarious series by Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter.

Danny and his pooping pet dinosaur are back in their third adventure and they're about to make history... quite literally!

When Danny and Dino accidently go back through history on a time-travelling swing, they meet some new dino friends. But soon there's a rumbling noise; it's a volcano about to erupt! Can Dinosaur save the day by pooping them back to the future?

Click here for more information about the book and how to apply.

WIN: Upload a picture of your DC's on an adventure with their own dinosaur on to this thread for a chance to WIN £100 worth of Random House books.

This giveaway is sponsored by Random House Books

mummyto2boys01 Mon 18-Aug-14 16:32:00

Have applied for a copy. My boy is loves dinosaurs so he will love to read this book.

frazzledbutcalm Thu 21-Aug-14 22:16:19

Have applied. Soooooooo hope I'm lucky enough to receive a copy .. ds has The Dinosaur That Pooped Christmas and he LOVES it!

ChrissieMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 26-Aug-14 10:09:52

Thank you to everyone who applied. This giveaway is now closed. We'll be in touch with the winners shortly.

Chrissie MNHQ

ButchCassidy Fri 05-Sep-14 10:29:55

I've just received a copy! I'm over the moon! DS loves dinosaurs so this will be great!!!!

countingdown Fri 05-Sep-14 12:56:27

I have just received a copy of this - thank you. My little boy is frantically trying to finish his lunch so that we can read it!

countingdown Fri 05-Sep-14 13:18:26

Well, we've read it. My 4 year old enjoyed it 'because it had poo in it and said butt' The concept of travelling to the past was slightly beyond him. I wasn't that impressed with it. The style of writing is very similar to the Dr Seuss books, which I liked but felt that it was somehow just a bit of a copy of Dr Seuss. I think my 6 year old may get a bit more out of this book than my 4 year old did.

Ours arrived yesterday, much to dd's excitement, but we haven't had time to read it yet. Will report back tomorrow. smile

sallyst123 Sun 07-Sep-14 16:21:54

thank you so much for this review copy. ive never seen the bedtime routine done so fast by my ds so we could read it.
As been previously said dont think my 4 yo really got the idea of travelling back in time (past romans and greeks) but this book has brilliant illustrations, didi dino dudes, and the words poo & butt in so was still a huge hit with him.
The rhyme in it is great and really easy to pick up so he was able to read along with me as well. All in all a great read and top of the list of bedtime picks at the moment (we recieved it fri & its been read about 6 times already) thanks mn

Thanks very much for sending us a copy. This is the first of this series we have tried, but unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be a favourite. DS (aged 7) and I both thought it was rather gross. DD (aged 4) said she liked it, but hasn't asked for it again since we read it the first time. I agree with countingdown that it is similar to Dr Seuss and we're not a fan of those books either, so perhaps if you like Dr Seuss books you may like this, but it's not really for us.

Patilla Mon 15-Sep-14 09:35:43

I love the rhymes in this book, they are generally pretty good.

Ds6 thought it was hilarious, particularly the pooping.

Personally I felt the concept could have been better - a dinosaur going back to the time of the dinosaurs, but maybe that's because DS at six could handle the dinosaur going back to a different era.

RunningKatie Tue 16-Sep-14 21:31:02

Late to the feedback thread, sorry!

We have been reading this with dd (3.5), the first day we read it then I had to read it twice back to back. Then we had some dinosaur chat and then I had to read it again for her! We now read it most evenings, DH has had the pleasure too.

DD has now learnt what a Trojan Horse looks like even if she has no idea who the Romans and Egyptians are. She still likes the whole poo idea and has a good look to see what the dinosaur has pooped out.

Controversially, I disagree about the rhyme, I don't find that it flows like Dr Seuss, I found it quite clumsily down and hard to read out loud in any rhythm. I don't think I'd buy another in this series, I'd go for another Dr Seuss instead.

mjmooseface Mon 22-Sep-14 18:40:47

A slightly cynical part of me wonders if this book would have been so popular if it hadn't been written by two well-known and likeable people! But then I think... Poo, dinosaurs and kids... You can't go wrong with that! It was a very fun read! I did trip over the rhymes a few times but it is fun and the illustrations are great. It made for a very entertaining and giggly bedtime and any other time read!

MamaMummyMum Mon 29-Sep-14 15:50:37

My girls and I all thoroughly enjoyed this book. Simple yet effective. Funny for both kids and adults, a great family read.

My full review is here :

www.mamamummymum.co.uk/2014/09/thedinosaurthatpoopedbookreview.html

johnlegge Mon 20-Oct-14 16:38:41

I have 2 young sons (Aged 4 & 6) and they've not asked for any other bedtime story since it came through the door. They already had the other 2 books in the series but this is their firm favourite - Thanks :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now