Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book Giveaway: Supertato by Sue Hendra

(22 Posts)
TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Jul-14 10:21:48

When there's an evil pea on the loose, who do you turn to to the save the day? Supertato of course!

Meet Supertato! He's always there for you when the chips are down. He's the superhero with eyes everywhere - and he's about to meet his arch nemesis.

This fabulous new picture book hero comes from Sue Hendra, the author of Barry the Fish with Fingers, Norman the Slug with the Silly Shell and No-Bot the Robot with No Bottom.

Click here to apply for a free copy.

If you receive a free copy, don't forget to tell us what you thought on this thread, or in our book reviews section.

To celebrate the publication of Supertato we're also running a fab competition with Simon & Schuster. Design your own potato head and upload the image to this thread to win great prizes including potato head costumes and £100 of children's books.

This book giveaway is sponsored by Simon and Schuster

Suddengeekgirl Mon 07-Jul-14 15:04:21

Ooooh we've got all the other books and the dcs love them. smile

frazzledbutcalm Mon 07-Jul-14 19:32:46

Have applied, fingers crossed. Dd has just lol'd at the potato ... good book already wink

TinaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-Jul-14 11:04:53

This giveaway is now closed, thanks to everyone who applied. We'll be in touch with the winners shortly.

Suddengeekgirl Tue 22-Jul-14 14:21:45

Our copy arrived today! smile
Wasn't expecting it as hadn't had a message to say it was coming! A lovely surprise.

Will see what the dcs think of it tonight.

NigellasLoveBuns Tue 22-Jul-14 14:38:24

Received this today. Really looking forward to reading this with my 2

alia1 Sat 26-Jul-14 03:54:43

we recieved Supertato thanks to mumsnet, and it is really fun book to read with the kids, my five year old loves to read it, and finds the peas mischief really funny, he wants the restof the series and we now bought Barry the Fish With Fingers which is equally very intertaining and we will be purchasing others soon. Highly recommend

alia1 Sat 26-Jul-14 03:55:11

we recieved Supertato thanks to mumsnet, and it is really fun book to read with the kids, my five year old loves to read it, and finds the peas mischief really funny, he wants the restof the series and we now bought Barry the Fish With Fingers which is equally very intertaining and we will be purchasing others soon. Highly recommend

BlackSusie2004 Sun 27-Jul-14 17:00:16

Received Supertato, thank you Mumsnet! we've loved the other books by Sue Hendra, so were looking forward to reading it as soon as the package was opened!
The evil pea was great, and now whenever I get any peas out of my freezer we have to hunt for him, he hasn't escaped yet though!

punchkins Mon 04-Aug-14 19:59:00

We received a copy of Supertato last week and it is now a firm favourite!! My almost three year old twin girls have asked to read it at least twice a day, EVERY day since we got it. They're loving and are taking turns to be Supertato and the Evil Pea!

ho2318 Tue 09-Sep-14 16:05:26

really really funny.. illustration funny also. good as a light read for my 3 year old... a change from Dr Seuss!

Tusty Tue 09-Sep-14 16:08:15

My 3 year old really liked this one (once I could persuade him to look at it). It made me laugh as well, it's fun thinking about all the different veg that could be running round the house doing terrible things.

A book that's a bit different to others we've read as well.

Suddengeekgirl Tue 09-Sep-14 16:12:22

We received our copy of Super Tato thank you!

The kids loved it! It was exciting, had the right amount of peril and they loved looking for the naughty peas! It quickly became a favourite that no one got sick of! This high praise indeed in our house!

kristinage Tue 09-Sep-14 16:40:23

Thank you for the copy. My 3 years old daughter loves it. Every night have to read it. Having much fun!!!

RaisingMightyGirls Tue 09-Sep-14 17:18:29

We loved this!!!! Especially my youngest daughter (3). Here's our book review raisingmightygirls.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/lara-age-3-reviews-supertato-with.html?m=1
Thanks!

IreadthereforeIam Wed 10-Sep-14 09:57:21

I received this before the summer holidays, so I didn't get a chance to read it with the children at work (preschool) - but I have now, and they loved it! Even the fidgeters sat still and listened. There were gasps, shouts of "Oh no!!" and applause! I have had a lot of requests for repeat readings too. It's very popular!

lilbooboo Wed 10-Sep-14 10:32:36

What a lovely surprise to receive in the post! And what a great book. Me and all 3 of my kids loved it, the storyline, the lovely colourful illustrations...we have read it several times and lokk forward to seeing any more books by the same author.

sealight123 Wed 10-Sep-14 21:02:38

My daughter loves this book! It's so cheeky!
Its the perfect bedtime story as it isn't too short or too long. The illustrations are really cute too! Who doesn't like a supertato?!

MunchkinMama Wed 10-Sep-14 21:55:49

My two and a half year old boy and nearly five year old girl love this book. It makes the superhero aspect accessible to them (although they like spiderman even the cartoons are a little scary). The illustrations are funny and add to the text providing lots of discussion points, including that vegetables and fruit are fun! I would recommend this book as a fun bedtime read for little ones.

cleoismycat Mon 15-Sep-14 13:30:47

love this book, funny and silly. !!

julker Wed 17-Sep-14 21:47:19

Received this but couldnt find this thread to comment on it! Thankyou so much for the book, it did arrive safely

I think the book is great, its perfect length for a quick story, meaning that attention is kept throughout. The pictures are lovely and provide a good talking point, especially good that it includes veggies and we have since referred to the book when eating veggies with our meal "these are like the peas in Supertato!"

barricade Fri 07-Nov-14 23:44:59

Phew!!! ... have finally read the books piled with the mail when I returned from my trip abroad. Many, many thanks to Mumsnet.com for the opportunity to read and appraise this book.

--> Review has been posted!!!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now