PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Tilly and Friends by Polly Dunbar.

(39 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-May-14 14:58:37

We have 50 books from the Tilly and Friends series, based on the popular CBeebies series by author Polly Dunbar. In The Best Day Ever, Tilly and her friends are having a play day at home, painting, dancing and dressing up and In Let's Get Wheeling, Tilly's makes that bold step from tricycle to two wheels on her new bike.

If you think your dcs would enjoy reading one of these two titles apply here - winners will either receive a copy of The Best Day Ever or Let's Get Wheeling. Don't forget to join the thread to chat about the book or post up a review if you receive a book.

yummum120 Mon 19-May-14 16:53:44

Looks good!

maryburrows Mon 19-May-14 18:38:44

trations look gorgeous- would love to win

maryburrows Mon 19-May-14 18:40:01

illustrations look gorgeous- would love to win

cornflakegirl Mon 19-May-14 20:29:14

I don't know the Tilly series, but we have Polly Dunbar's book Henry VIII the hole story which is fab, so would love to get one of these.

cornflakegirl Mon 19-May-14 20:29:32

I don't know the Tilly series, but we have Polly Dunbar's book Henry VIII the hole story which is fab, so would love to get one of these.

cornflakegirl Mon 19-May-14 20:32:44

Apols for double post - phone playing up

ILikeWarmHugs Mon 19-May-14 21:20:26

Looks great, my daughter would love this!

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Mon 19-May-14 21:36:43

These look lovely, we are big fans of Tilly in our house. The Best Day Ever sounds like our sort of day.
smile

idleweiss Wed 21-May-14 18:23:16

My LOs love Tilly! These would go down a storm! smile

Tabby33 Wed 21-May-14 21:17:32

These look brilliant. We have applied. Fingers crossed

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 27-May-14 10:20:27

This giveaway is now closed. We will inform those who have been selected to receive a free copy via email, as well as those who have won a copy of the Tilly and Friends DVD. We would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave your feedback and continue to discuss the book on this thread.

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-May-14 12:13:45

Just to remind winners, you will either receive a free copy of The Best Day Ever, or Let's Get Wheeling from the Tilly and Friends series, but we would love to hear your thoughts on both books on this thread. smile

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Thu 29-May-14 12:46:07

Thanks ever so much. DD is really excited.
smile

Tabby33 Thu 29-May-14 17:43:32

Looking forward to our book. Thank you!

yasmin0147 Mon 02-Jun-14 19:28:17

My daughter loves tilly, cant wait until my copy come through

PseudoBadger Fri 06-Jun-14 13:52:45

Has anyone received this book yet?

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Sat 07-Jun-14 12:12:44

Thank you so much for the DVD, which arrived in the post today. It came with a lovely gift bag, stickers, a pen and post-its. DD loves it.
smile

cornflakegirl Sat 07-Jun-14 13:47:31

Our DVD arrived too - DS was very excited that it was addressed to him - thank you! It was fab to receive all the bits - just the things that a four year old loves most - DS is now surgically attached to the bag. We watched the first episode and it was very sweet. I especially love the shy elephant in glasses, and the rabbit with very expressive ears. Really looking forward to getting the book now. I think DS (coming up 5) might be at the top end of the target age range, but I can think of several younger friends who would love Tilly.

Leeds2 Sat 07-Jun-14 16:33:02

Received my copy of Let's Get Wheeling! in the post this morning. Lovely book, and I am sure it will be very popular in the primary school library where I volunteer. I think it would be enjoyed by any youngster who has just started to learn to ride a bike.

yasmin0147 Sat 07-Jun-14 18:21:56

Lovely book, got my copy through, so glad i was picked to red this, my little one really loved reading this book with me

princessgray Mon 09-Jun-14 18:57:29

Thank you for this book. It is absolutely delightful.

lottietiger Mon 09-Jun-14 19:55:21

Thank you for the copy of the book. I enjoyed reading it with my son, he is way too young to be riding a bike but he does get the fact that friends help you out And mostly scAry things really aren't that scary when you confront them. A short little story that gets to the point and has some nice illustrations .

missorinoco Mon 09-Jun-14 19:58:51

Thankyou for this book. The children loved it. It is a nice story, and DD could help read some of the words, which she enjoyed.

Pumbaa Tue 10-Jun-14 06:59:58

Thank you for our copy, my daughter really enjoyed it! I think my son will soon love it too. The illustrations are fantastic, and love the character choices.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now