Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Life Stinks (Knightmare) by Peter Bently & Fred Blunt

(9 Posts)
AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Apr-14 16:01:41

We're giving away 50 copies of Life Stinks!, the hilarious first book in the brand new Knightmare Series. From Roald Dahl Funny Prize winner Peter Bently and illustrator Fred Blunt, follow the misadventures of trainee knight Cedric Thatchbottom serving his master Sir Percy the Proud, who isn't all he appears to be. Packed with comical characters, battles, puns and poo, your DC's will find this hard to put down. Ideal for ages 6-8.

Apply for a free copy, then come back and let us know what you think, or you can post a review of Life Stinks.

This book giveaway is sponsored by Stripes Publishing.

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 22-Apr-14 10:10:06

This book giveaway is now closed. We will notify those who have been selected to receive a free copy via email. Please feel free to discuss the book here on this thread.

Excellent book, thank you!. Didn't even know I was receiving a copy but my son is reading it already and loves it smile

saraz Thu 08-May-14 21:53:40

Very funny book. My DD said it was 5/5!

saraz Thu 08-May-14 21:55:32

My DD can not wait for the next one. I did not know I was receiving a copy but when I read the blurb I knew who had ordered it thank you so much. This book was fabulous!!

justmuddlingalong Mon 12-May-14 23:19:02

The humour is spot on for the age at which it is aimed. A big hit here.

AugustRose Thu 22-May-14 14:22:30

This book was a big hit here too, it was a nice surprise and both my DD's said it was very funny. My DD2 is 7 and while she has always liked reading has recently started lying in bed reading for pleasure, just like her big sister, so this book arrived just at the right time. I'm sure we will be looking for others in the series.

Thank you for another lovely book.

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Sun 25-May-14 16:34:48

What a great book, very funny and spot on for the age group. Now DD has read it I'm taking into school as a class reader- kids love poo! Thanks very much.

StantonLacy Wed 04-Jun-14 21:49:53

We received this a while ago now, sorry for the delay in reviewing!

Well, I expected DS (7) to be really keen to read this as soon as we got it...however, he is currently massively into reading 'What Katy Did' (bit unexpected, that one!) so I'll review it instead smile

I liked a lot of things about this book - it was nicely paced, interspersed with some great little illustrations and had the obligatory poo references. I say obligatory, because obviously a book aimed at this age range MUST have a poo reference and every seven year old I know would certainly appreciate it!

I'm pretty sure that DS will enjoy it, by the time he gets to the end of Katy Carrs adventures and I'll add his review once he does grin

Thanks again for our copy, we are very grateful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now