PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday by Tracy Bloom

(20 Posts)
AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 07-Apr-14 13:33:37

We're giving away 50 copies of the very funny romantic novel No-One Ever Has Sex On A Tuesday by Tracy Bloom. A No.1 eBook best-seller, it's now available in print for the first time. Inspired by modern romances Gavin & Stacey and Bridget Jones, the book follows childhood sweethearts Matthew and Katy and the chaotic turn of events after a one-night-stand.

Find out more and apply for a free copy now, we will post on the thread once all the copies have gone. Please come back to this thread and let us know what you think, or post a review.

This book giveaway is sponsored by The Random House Group.

Done! I'm in need of a new book smile

Done. Just finished my last book from MN 'Just what kind of mother are you' and am in need of something funnier now.

TheRealMBJ Tue 08-Apr-14 17:54:29

Done! I NEED a good book and, crucially suspect that the title is actually true. I don't think I have ever had sex on a Tuesday

ShadowKittee Wed 09-Apr-14 05:03:44

Applied! This looks like a really fun read, so fingers crossed smile.

Done. Looks good, no sex on a Tuesday....or any other day!

Ledkr Fri 11-Apr-14 07:58:03

Did mine but maybe twice as I wasn't sure if first one was complete as it went too soon. Sorry.

PricillaQueenOfTheDessert Fri 11-Apr-14 21:23:51

Done smile Just finished a book about landmines so would welcome some light relief!

Nesstoria11 Mon 14-Apr-14 23:55:54

Done
No I have my fingers and toes crossed to be very lucky xx

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Apr-14 10:39:53

This book giveaway is now closed. We will inform those who have been selected to receive a free copy via email. Please feel free to discuss the book here on this thread.

Thanks for my book, it arrived in the post today. I didn't get the email saying I'd been selected, so it was a lovely surprise. thanks

Lilaclily Thu 24-Apr-14 09:48:22

thanks for the book flowers
i too didn't get the email but have started the book straight away and so far it's a un easy going read, perfect for in the bath and with a glass of wine

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 24-Apr-14 10:28:23

Hi there,

Apologies, we do usually send out an email to all of those who have been selected to receive a free copy, however this one appears to have slipped the net. If you were chosen to receive a book it should have arrived by now. Congratulations again on winning a free copy, we would love to hear your thoughts so please join in the discussion here on this thread. If you didn't receive a copy then feel free to purchase the book and join in the discussion. Happy Reading!

MirandaWest Thu 24-Apr-14 10:29:18

Mine arrived yesterday as well smile

Nesstoria11 Thu 24-Apr-14 15:07:15

I've not been lucky this time! Always next time

FlyingGoose Tue 29-Apr-14 17:51:24

Read it in one sitting. Enjoyed it thoroughly and have given it to my friend to read. Thank you smile

PricillaQueenOfTheDessert Thu 01-May-14 23:30:12

The cover info sounded like fun, a rom-com about a singleton and not having sex on Tuesdays. It's been an awfully long time since Bridget Jones hit our shelves. Lots of books have gone along with this storyline, and this was no exception. Singleton hates "smug marrieds" - not called them this but the premise was there - hating how close friends change with marriage and babies - while at the same time desperately trying to find "the one". After a chapter and a half I put the book down, I was done. It was cliche-ridden, full of conversations that just didn't flow and really wouldn't happen in real life, and characters that had few redeeming features. But... I had a book review to do for you guys so I picked it up again the next night and before I knew it I was halfway through. It had found it's vavavoom. I didn't really warm to any of the characters (aside from Daniel who had the best lines) but I kind of felt that was the point - how could you have a heroine (spoiler alert!) who didn't know who the father of her baby was? Or a Mr Darcy hero who had cheated on his wife? Once I'd got that I found it quite an enjoyable read. Great to take on holiday for the sunlounger and a cheeky Pinot. It wasn't laugh-out-loud funny and if it's romance you want then walk away now. But it did have a certain charm once I'd stopped taking it too seriously and when I'd got to the (predictable) end I can honestly say that I did enjoy it, despite the cliches and the stereotypical characters - or maybe it was because of them. Enjoy.

pebbles8811 Tue 06-May-14 21:53:32

got this book a few weeks ago in the post and read it in full that day. i really liked the story aswell as the characters. i had a few laugh out loud moments with some of the lines from ben and his friends towards the end of the story in there mad rush to the hospital. i will be reading this book again soon i enjoyed it that much hoping i get another book in soon smile

DobbyBazzler Fri 09-May-14 13:45:14

I'm still only halfway through but I wanted to come and give my opinion before it's too late.

I like the cover, I liked the title. I do like "chick lit" and this book definitely falls in the category. It's a fluffy light hearted holiday read with cliches and stereotypes and anyone who wanted more from their book would be disappointed. However it's a very good example of it's genre and I'm really enjoying it. I'd recommend it to anyone else too, as long as they knew what they were getting. If I saw another book by the same author then I'd pick it up, knowing I'd enjoyed this one.

HazelDormouse Tue 20-May-14 13:43:34

I would describe the novel as quick, light read, perfect for the beach. It doesn't require much concentration (perfectly suited for me at the moment) and is somewhat predictable in terms of its plot. Yet, it is very funny and entertaining. Worth a look at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now