PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson

(12 Posts)
gottasmile Mon 28-Apr-14 20:16:02

"It was really funny and cool. The boy Rafe inspired me because he was trying to break every rule in the school. My favourite bit was when he set off the fire alarm when there was no fire. So cool."

That was my son's review, I'm not so sure about the inspired part!!!!!

cornflakegirl Sat 12-Apr-14 18:39:55

Thank you for the book. DS says:
"I really liked this book because Rafe Khatchadorian kept breaking all the school rules in operation R(Rules).A(Aren’t).F(For).E(Everyone) (and all the pictures, thanks Leo!)
I didn’t like this book because Rafe and Leo kept having arguments about operation R.A.F.E and Rafe’s life."

I think the likes well outweighed the dislikes though, as we had to get the sequel out the library today.

dublinmary Thu 10-Apr-14 10:01:35

My 7 year old DS read it in a day and thought it was "awesome", thanks for the free copy

glenka Thu 10-Apr-14 09:57:51

I gave this to my nephew to read, he said it was a good book, easy to read, funny and would like to read other books like this one.

Yasmin1 Wed 09-Apr-14 11:26:01

Gave to my daughter to read & this is her review...
this book is awesome because it's really funny especially when Rafe breaks the rule that's about school uniform and illustrations are really good. A good book to read and I could'nt put the book down.

ladydepp Tue 08-Apr-14 14:25:57

Many thanks for free copy!

My DS - age 11 - read this in a couple of hours. He enjoyed it, but not as much as he has enjoyed the Wimpy kid books which are similar in style. He said it was rather "American" and it sounded like it was a bit young for him. He did laugh out loud at a couple of parts though.

weathermum Mon 31-Mar-14 13:58:06

Thankyou for the free copy. I showed it to my grandaughter yesterday ...She said Oh I have seen that around, and she is really looking forward to reading it. I like the illustrations what a fun book.

tully67 Sun 30-Mar-14 00:12:01

Yeah it arrived this morning. DS informed me that he was on page 110 when he was turning off his light. Review will be soon I think.

gottasmile Fri 28-Mar-14 12:43:46

Excited for ds, this book arrived for him today! Feedback to come.....

gottasmile Wed 12-Mar-14 14:06:42

This is just the sort of book ds would enjoy, I'm sure he'd relate to it so well!! Fingers crossed!

cornflakegirl Mon 10-Mar-14 20:03:05

Ooh, signed up. I think DS1 would really like this. He's just finished the second book in the I, Funny series (also by James Patterson) and was disappointed that there weren't any more.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 10-Mar-14 14:50:43

We have 50 copies of Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life, written by best-selling thriller writer James Patterson as part of his popular children's series. This book is about Rafe, a 6th grader in middle school who comes up with a challenge; OPERATION R.A.F.E (rules aren't for everyone) in order to combat the boredom of school.

If you know a young reader (it's aimed at readers from ten - 13) who may enjoy this book, apply for a free copy and come back to this thread to let us know what they think (and if they enjoy the book there are more in the series).

This book giveaway has been sponsored by Random House.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now