PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Chu's Day by Neil Gaiman

(31 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Feb-14 13:03:07

Our second book giveaway for half term week is Chu's Day by the wonderful Neil Gaiman.

Chu is a very cute panda who spends the day trying to avoid sneezing. The book is perfect combo of Neil Gaiman's humour and Adam Rex's truly beautiful illlustrations. It's aimed at pre-schoolers, but will be equally relished by older children and adults and is bound to be one of those books that you're happy to read over and over.

Apply for a free copy and come back to let us know what you think Or post up a review.

This book giveaway has been sponsored by Bloomsbury

AugustRose Fri 14-Mar-14 16:53:01

I have got it now - DH has just discovered it in the coal bunker! I don't know how long it has been there as the postie hadn't bothered to put a card through the door.

Will let you know what we think.

AugustRose Mon 17-Mar-14 08:33:50

Thank you for our book. I too was a bit surprised at how few words there were and my DD2 (7) was disappointed there was only 1 sneeze at the end, however my DS2 (3) enjoyed joining in with the sneezing noises. The illustrations are wonderful and there are lots of animals in odd situations to look for so although it's a short book, it won't be a short read IYSWIM.

SG1976 Tue 18-Mar-14 23:09:58

A modern classic book for reading to 1 to 5 year olds. The illustrations are wonderful and the storyline is brilliant in its simplicity. A book you'll want to keep and read againa and again....

SHORTMAN Fri 21-Mar-14 17:55:35

Received my free book. Thank you so much. I have posted a full review in the review section.

We've had a bit of a Panda thing going on here, so I was pleased to be able to add Shu's Day into the mix. My Monkey is 4, and he thought it was really funny. Yes, it's true that there aren't many words. But actually we found that the illustrations spoke volumes and gave us lots to talk about. Monkey thought it was brilliant that Chu's sneeze was so big it had derailed the steam train.
It's not our favourite picture book, but it's quite funny.

AnneOfGreenGarbles Thu 03-Apr-14 16:12:48

What a lovely picture book. The pictures are very detailed - almost like a painting. This meant my nearly 2 year old could spend ages looking through the book with us and pointing out all of the animals. The storyline, although simple, was fun to read as we pretended to almost sneeze on most pages!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now