PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: One, Two Peek-A-Boo! by Katie Saunders

(25 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 17-Feb-14 12:43:49

We've two great children's books to giveaway this week. First up is One, Two Peek-a-boo. From the author of Touch and Explore: Little Frog, this is the perfect book for young counters, with lots of flaps to lift and peep-holes to peek through.

Apply for a free copy and come back to let us know how it goes down with your dcs OR post up a review of One Two Peekaboo.

This book giveaway is sponsored by Little Tiger Press.

Looks like a good book. We love lifting the flaps in this house. DD is learning to count and this would be great.

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 24-Feb-14 10:22:59

This giveaway is now closed. We will notify those who have been selected to receive a free copy via email. Please continue to discuss the book and post a review here.

Indith Tue 25-Feb-14 17:24:05

Marking my place for when the book arrives smile

Bluerobot Thu 27-Feb-14 21:26:23

Shame I missed this one it looks great.

Indith Fri 28-Feb-14 11:59:11

book is here, looks lovely. Just need a child now but I don't get him back until 5.

pennwood Fri 28-Feb-14 14:17:30

One, two, Peek-A-Boo arrived with all the post so Amelia helped open it, & she wanted me to read it to her immediately. The other post was boring so I was happy to oblige! Lovely colourful hardback cover, & Amelia pointed out all the birds, tractors, etc & poked the counting holes before we even got inside the book. Beautiful illustrations, & two line rhymes for each page. An instant hit that she engaged with instantly, opening the flaps, & feeling the cut outs while I pointed out the numbers. We got to the end of the book, & she said, 'Again!' An ideal interaction book for pre school children to help learn counting up to ten. Love it!

yasmin0147 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:11:33

Was an amazing book would recommend anyone to get it for their little one, very fun and quite cute too

yasmin0147 Fri 28-Feb-14 15:12:06

Brilliant book

welovedaddy Fri 28-Feb-14 17:04:01

My three year old tried to claim it as hers, one year old just wants to lift the flaps! Really bright and cheerful and will definitely help three year old with her counting!

What a lovely book, thank you so much, it shall be treasured. have read it several times already to my little boy, he loves it smile

kateandme Sun 02-Mar-14 04:28:43

i want to get this book for everyone i know.adults too!!it is lovely.very interactive,the little ryhms are great.
its a comforting,sweet,lovely book.
for boys or girls.
and its theme is on counting but it works brilliantly even if your child isnt at the stage of needing to count yet as can still be done by the parents or fingers etc.
i want to give this as a gift as it was really great!!but i have to also admit i want to keep it for myself...yes i said for my ADULT self!!

Indith Sun 02-Mar-14 07:03:46

Such a bright, beautiful book. I love the cut outs. Ds2 will turn 2 on Wednesday and is into counting everything at the moment so it has been great fun reading it with him. He likes the colourful pictures and points out everything he can see and does his lovely, unique toddler brand of counting. Sadly this book has yet to convince him that 9 is followed by 10 and not 14 grin.

Great book for toddlers everywhere and 5 year old big sisters who keep trying to steal it.

Thank you for the book. It's went down really well, DD 2.5 loved the counting and poking her fingers in the peek a boo holes!

Really colourful book, lovely rhyming and very interactive. Excellent book for pre schoolers learning to count. We loved the five pants on the last page! The final page with 1-10 and the pictures was really good for counting.

suzie299 Sun 02-Mar-14 19:37:08

My 9 month old DS loves this book - it is beautifully designed, and robust enough that he can pull down the peek-a-boo flaps without damaging them! Great as an introduction to numbers and the graphics are delightful - I know this book will be a favourite for months and years to come!

createbalance Mon 03-Mar-14 21:37:36

We were delighted to receive our copy in the post. The book is very colourful with simple but attractive illustrations that are appealing to children. The book is sturdy and the flaps on each page are quite large so have stood the test of my 11 month old so far! Each page has a rhyme relating to the picture displayed and the picture below the flap continues the rhyme with an illustration connected to the original illustration e.g kennel/dog, bees/ honey etc whilst also offering the chance to learn 1-10. Potential to continue reading and enjoyment for some time.

petitefemme Tue 04-Mar-14 17:43:31

Fantastic book and a favourite already. Thank you!

lottietiger Tue 04-Mar-14 19:51:33

Very very pleased with this book, thank yousmile My 13 month really loved lifting the flaps while i counted. The pages are really sturdy and coped well with a rough little boy tugging at them! illustrations are great, bright & colourful , i know this will become a firm favourite.

nerysw Thu 06-Mar-14 09:37:40

What a lovely little book! My two year old really enjoyed it and we've read it many times already. His four year old sister is also really keen on it and has had a pretty good go at reading the words.
Baby books can be a bit dull sometimes and I particularly liked this as my kids were completely engaged with it and couldn't wait to lift the flaps. Also, the flaps (and having something different under them) makes it double the fun.
All in all, bright, fun, great for learning to count and just cute.

littlewifey Thu 06-Mar-14 13:14:53

What a gorgeous book, my two year old loves it, especially the mice!

helenajane Fri 07-Mar-14 13:31:34

Took this book with me when i went to visit a friend with a 4 yr old son. He loved it! So did his sister who is much younger ..

What a lovely book! Bright colours, easy words to remember, the flaps to lift up .. he was soon reading it on his own .. making up his own story!

I would thoroughly recommend this book, well made too & easy for little fingers to manage the flaps on their own..

casthom Mon 10-Mar-14 18:29:52

What a charming book for pre schoolers. Really well made and contains lovely pictures. Would definitely recommend to any lift the flap fans!

weathermum Thu 13-Mar-14 17:04:14

this is a super book just right for 3 year old Jamie ..the illustratrations are so good ..many thanks most enjoyable can recommend it to all who want something to keep a 3 year old amused

Smorgs Tue 13-May-14 17:23:21

This is the perfect book for babies and toddlers aged 1-4-years-old. The main advantage over other lift-the-flap books is that the flaps are big enough to withstand the force of tiny fists attempting to tear them off. Plus it’s big and colourful enough to keep them amused. My son loves peeping through the gaps in the flaps to see what’s on the other side.
Thanks for our copy!

VidH Tue 17-Jun-14 12:01:05

My 14 month old simply loves One Two Peekaboo and has since the day it arrives - appeals on so many levels, making the sounds, donig the peekaboos, looking at hte pictures, putting her fingers through the holes, so its perfect for when we need to travel a distance, keep her entertained at a restaurant and so on. One of our absolute favourites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now