Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Pinocchio by Michael Morpurgo - CLOSED

(37 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 14-Nov-13 14:15:13

Michael Morpurgo celebrates his 70th birthday this month and to mark the occasion Harper Collins Children's have published his wonderful adaptation of Pinocchio. In this version MM channels Pinocchio's words to tell the famous puppet's story in his own inimitable, cheeky and funny way. If you fancy reading this with your DCs apply for a free copy and then come back and discuss the book here or post up a review.

To celebrate #MorpurgoMonth we're running a series of fantastic comps on twitter, giving you the opportunity to win bundles of Morpurgo books as well as some rare signed copies. Follow @mumsnetbookclub to enter.

Done. Was looking at this in the bookshop yesterday and thought it looked great.

cornflakegirl Thu 14-Nov-13 22:52:37

Done - we love Michael Morpurgo and Emma Chichester-Clark. I think both my boys would really enjoy this book.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 15-Nov-13 10:58:11

We'll be closing the giveaway form on Wednesday next week and will let you know on Thursday if you've been selected. Everyone who join the discussion or reviews the book will be entered into a draw to win one of five copies of Emma Chichester-Clarke's wonderful Alice Through The Looking Glass.

TallulahTwinkle Fri 15-Nov-13 11:01:49

Done! I have been looking at this book too - great author/illustrator combination smile

TinyDynamite Fri 15-Nov-13 11:05:44

Done! Looks like another great read

cornflakegirl Fri 15-Nov-13 11:41:11

I hadn't realised before that MM and ECC had done several books together. Have just reserved Hansel and Gretel from the library. And ECC's Alice in Wonderland. I love the way that I find out about so many exciting books from these threads!

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 15-Nov-13 11:47:46

Done smile

Done. DS has just discovered Michael Morpurgo books and he would love this.

HeisenbergsHat Fri 15-Nov-13 18:52:41

Done smile

BigMother2012 Fri 15-Nov-13 22:16:47

Done - sounds great

Halfling Tue 19-Nov-13 09:46:26

Done. I love books with rich illustrations and this promises to be one. I am not familiar with the author but he seems to be well liked, so looking forward to this one.

Thank MNHQ. I've just opened my email to find I have been selected to receive a copy. DS will be chuffed to bits.

I'll probably give it to DS as a Christmas present but will post a review before wrapping grin

TallulahTwinkle Tue 03-Dec-13 12:50:08

Thank you so much, I am very excited to have been chosen. All dd's presents have been wrapped so think we will read before Christmas and post about it smile

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 03-Dec-13 12:55:05

Thank you. Can't wait grin

cornflakegirl Tue 03-Dec-13 12:56:59

Oooh, just seen we're getting a copy too - so excited! Thanks MNHQ!

Thanks too from me, can't wait to get my copy. Will return with a review once the DC and I have read it.

HeisenbergsHat Wed 04-Dec-13 09:22:08

Ooh fab, we're getting a copy too. I'll have a quick look before wrapping it for DS's birthday so that I can post a review.

Doublemuvver Wed 04-Dec-13 17:44:13

This is a lovely book with some unique stories and wonderful illustrations. Great for independent readers and for reading aloud. Really thrilled to have been picked for a copy. Thank you so much smile

tinypumpkin Mon 09-Dec-13 12:02:43

I wanted to add my feedback too. It's a really lovely book. I adore the illustrations, they really do make the book seem so much more appealing. I like the use of the chapters and their names too. Again it really makes you want to read the book. The story itself is well written and I have no doubt it will be a big hit with my children (Christmas pressie!)

I am really looking forward to reading it with them. Thanks MN and the publishers of the book. smile

Jesstryinghard Mon 09-Dec-13 12:07:48

This is such a stunning book ! It arrived today and I'm so thankful to receive it ! It's a beautiful edition ! Fantastic colour illustrations throughout and dipping into the story it seems so so entertaining - Michael morpurgo at his best - seems he's padded out the original bones of the tale with fun stories ! Will be back to tell more when I have shared it with my son but I already feel like telling people to wrap a copy for their child for Christmas !

Thank you so much for our copy which arrived today, it is Beautiful. I've read the first chapter and it's lovely, I think DS will love it. I am going to give it to him for Christmas, his little sister might pinch it though! I am sure it will be treasured in our home for years to come. Thank you once again.

HeisenbergsHat Mon 09-Dec-13 17:33:00

Our copy arrived today, I've had a sneak peek and I think it's lovely. Really beautiful illustrations and the story seems very engaging. DS will be getting it for his 7th birthday on Saturday, he's a very good reader but still of an age where he likes pictures in his books, I think he'll really enjoy this one. I'll come back at the weekend to post his review grin

TallulahTwinkle Tue 10-Dec-13 09:42:23

Ours has arrived, thank you.

Initial impression is excellent - the illustrations are great and very inviting smile

My dd can't wait to read it

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 10-Dec-13 12:54:19

Mine arrived yesterday. In perfect condition. It is an Xmas present so dd hasn't seen it yet.

First impressions are very good. It's long but the text is spaced out beautifully and so the pages don't look heavy going and the book avoids being daunting despite the length. Perfect bedtime reading.

The illustrations are lovely. Colourful enough to appeal to younger children but not so bold and child like that they won't be appreciated by older children.

I really cannot wait to see dds face when she opens it. Many thanks HQ!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now