Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Butterflies in November by Auður Ava Olafsdóttir - CLOSED

(27 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Nov-13 15:56:04

It's so exciting to be hear about a new bestselling author so we were delighted when copies of Butterflies in November arrived at MNHQ. Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir's is a prize winning author in her native Iceland and also international best-seller with Butterflies already translated into several languages and film rights snapped up. It is a both comical and uniquely moving story about motherhood, relationships and the legacy of life's mistakes.

Apply for a free copy and don't forget to submit a review or share your thoughts with other readers on this thread.

starlight36 Tue 15-Apr-14 15:56:47

Thanks for the book which I enjoyed reading, probably because the style was different from my usual read. Like others I felt the ending was a little abrupt although I guess it signified the end of the journey east and there are reflections on how travelling with Tumi and having to care for someone else 24 / 7 has changed the protagonist's outlook.

I will certainly be interested in reading other books by this author.

Willemdefoeismine Fri 02-May-14 21:50:10

I haven't forgotten about reviewing this book - just been rather busy and slow blush.

Reading it now and as I also read the travelogue/autobiog by the British Academic working in Iceland, I feel as if I'm getting a handle on Icelandic culture....I'm very drawn to going there now!

Anyway late to the party but will be back shortly to review properly - thus far I'm enjoying it immensely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now