PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

The Dinosaur that Pooped a Planet - apply for a free copy (CLOSED)

(40 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Sep-13 14:02:54

Last December The Dinosaur That Pooped Christmas was featured as Children's book of the month and we're delighted that Danny and Dinosaur are back. This time they are going to space. There's poop, planets and pandemonium in this supersonic space adventure, written by Tom Fletcher and Dougie Poynter from McFly.

Visit the book giveaway page to find out more about the book]], download free Dinosaur that pooped activity packs and watch an exclusive video from the McFly boys. If you're impressed, apply for a free copy of their latest book. We'll let you know if your name has been selected to receive a copy next week. If you are one of the lucky 50 don't forget to post your feedback on this thread.

cornflakegirl Mon 04-Nov-13 15:50:14

We borrowed this book from the library, and DS (4) really liked it. The story is straightforward and silly and poo is obviously very funny. We liked the pictures, and thought the rhyme scheme worked for the most part and generally didn't seem forced. I don't think it's destined to become a classic, but I would buy it as a present just because it's fun. DS also like the Mars cat at the end.

tagi0809 Mon 04-Nov-13 15:26:46

Thanks for this lovely book. Me and my son really enjoyed the book. We laughed very much.thanks.

chinichats Tue 22-Oct-13 19:41:54

Thank you so much for such a lovely book. Such a funny book it really made us laugh, the pictures are lovely its very easy to read, my son loved how it rhymed, fantastic! 10/10

peanutmum11 Sun 20-Oct-13 00:12:25

We've had the book a few weeks now and ..................

Biggest compliment I can give this book is my 4 year old son dives through a pile of books to get this one to read first.
Dinosaurs..space...poop..what’s not to love!!
Brilliant illustrations, so glad I did not keep this till Christmas

helenajane Fri 18-Oct-13 14:19:17

My daughter reviewed this as she loves McFly ..

"This is a short, easy to follow story written in rhyme that will surely appeal to children because of its' simple format & delightfully gross humour. Will have children & the young at heart laughing out loud. Written by two talented & successful musicians, this book is certainly a step away from the ordinary".

Boobybeau Fri 18-Oct-13 13:57:33

*Particular

Boobybeau Fri 18-Oct-13 13:56:09

Thank you very much for our copy, my ds loves it!he is mad about dinosaurs but quite pertiicular about which books he takes to and this was an instant hit! Pretty gross concept but everyone knows children love gross so this is a winner

SinisterMatic Wed 16-Oct-13 19:28:17

This is FANTASTIC!
This made us laugh so much, especially the mars cat at the end. Really great story and illustrations. A pleasure to read, a favourite in our house. Thank you!

benfoldsfive Tue 15-Oct-13 15:06:04

My 3 loved this book. The illustrations are detailed and held all their attentions ( ds 6, ds 8 and dd10). They all read a page each - made easy because of the rhyme structure and loved it. DS 6 took it to school for Friday show and tell, all his class mates thought it was hilarious. We have put an order in for the previous book. Its not to gross for Mums and Dads either!

cornflakegirl Tue 15-Oct-13 13:44:17

Dinosaurs and poo sound fun - I've just reserved the book from the library.

My sons, 6 and 3, absolutely love this book. After the initial hesitation from my 6yr old on saying the word 'poop' out loud there was no stopping the giggles and sniggers when reading the book. They have always prefered rhyming books (although I did find some of them tongue twisters) and loved the pictures. In unison they do the countdown of the rocket and both do an action when the 'ninja chop' is read. Will have to get the 'christmas' book now.

Mouse1234 Sat 12-Oct-13 20:51:37

My 2year old son absolutely loves this book - the rhymes and the pictures. The topic passes him by at the moment, other than the word poo, but am sure as he gets older he will love every aspect of the book. Mummy and Daddy, however, are not so keen on subject matter!

glenka Fri 11-Oct-13 09:04:01

I gave this my nephew as he likes anything to do with space and dinosaurs, he loved this book and laughed from start to finish.
The pictures throughout the book were very colourful and added to the overall quality of the book. i shall look out for the christmas one as well.

Pinklemon Wed 09-Oct-13 10:43:44

Recieved the book a few days ago but was a bit disappointed when the postman decided to fold the book in half and posted through the postbox! The book is creased as a result. Anyway, my dd enjoyed the book very much. She has been reading it again and again and each time it makes her laugh out loud. She now wants to to buy the other book. The book is very colourful with lots of large, cute pictures. The stoyline is funny and should appeal to both children and adults alike.

princessna Tue 08-Oct-13 21:26:51

My boys (3 and 5 ) love this book. Be warned - there is a lot of pooo! But the text is interesting and challenging enough and the rhymes great, although they do sound a little forced at times.
A great addition to our ever expanding book collection.

Hopezibah Tue 08-Oct-13 20:05:52

This is a FABULOUS BOOK! totally the sort of thing my boys love with the poop involved! I really like rhyming books and so that was an added bonus. This is a great book for pre-schoolers with all the pictures right up to age 9 or 10 as my son is still into all things 'poopy'.

HazelDormouse Tue 08-Oct-13 15:28:30

My ds thought it was hilarious. He wants the 'Christmas' one now. I will have to find it at the library. I do cringe though when I think of the almighty clean up that will be required after all that pooping. Puts potty training into perspective.

Thank you for a wonderful book.

KatieCelf Mon 07-Oct-13 20:06:07

I received mine yesterday, we'd been on hols over the weekend. I thought it was great! So funny! I'd not heard of the 1st book so I didn't really know what to expect. But my OH and DS really enjoyed it too! DS is too young to appreciate the sheer amount of poo in the book, but I'm sure as he gets a bit older he'll love it! As it is he likes the dinosaur a lot, he's only 18 months. But I really recommend and I will look out for future editions.

Also, if your LOs enjoy dino books theres a fab book called Albie the Adventurer by Grace Todd which is brilliant and beautifully illustrated. Not so much poo but lots of ROOOAAAWWRS!!!

runningincircles Mon 07-Oct-13 17:51:48

Wow what a great book! The pictures are really engaging, the story is funny. All 3 of my kids (2,3 and 8) enjoyed this story. My eldest loves dinosaurs and middle child is potty training, so it was a big hit.
Lots of laughs and giggles were had by us all. We will be buying the other book.
Thanks very much.

Emrel Mon 07-Oct-13 14:42:58

Received it on Saturday and read it during the weekend. What toddler does not love Dinosaurs, rockets and most of all poo!
The rhymes are very satisfying for a grown up and my 4 year old was perfectly capable, my two year old could follow the story from the pictures.
And Nanna and myself enjoyed ourselves. My one criticism: with the amount of poo I felt that using the word poop was a bit to cutesy.
Who knows maybe it will inspire my two year old to potty train.

leneth Mon 07-Oct-13 13:48:51

We received this on Saturday and really enjoyed it. We hadn't come across the previous one but will be looking out for it now. The illustrations are lovely,and the rhyming story is wonderful. Shouting out POO was a highlight for my daughter!

shoofly Mon 07-Oct-13 11:30:40

We received this on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I hadn't come accross the previous one but will be looking out for it now. The illustration is lovely,and the rhyming story is wonderful. Both boys laughed and laughed. DS1 said it was disgusting and brilliant, DS2 giggled and snuggled to listen to the entire story (that's a first!) I would thoroughly recommend this and am buying another copy for my friends little boy who will be 4 next month

Jodunne Mon 07-Oct-13 11:07:36

I received a copy of this book and must admit it is brilliant. It is great for children of all ages and boys and girls. I also loved the story and my daughter aged 5 and myself were in fits of giggles. This is a unique book and I intend to purchase the other dinosaur adventures. This book should be in the top 10 of books you must read!!!

Emmasmith214 Sun 06-Oct-13 23:13:44

Lovely pictures and great rhymes most of the time. The rhyme with museum put me off a bit! Husband isn't too keen on the subject matter, but I'm sure it'll bring plenty of giggles when I read with my nieces.

Happiestinwellybobs Sun 06-Oct-13 19:57:20

Thank you so much for the copy. We loved it. My little one is still young but rather poo obsessed, and loves the page in which we shout "POO". Reading stories over and over again is sometimes monotonous, but I don't think we will get bored of this one.

I enjoyed the tongue twisters and clever phrases. The animation is bright and eye catching. It is also really funny. Both DH and I hooted with laughter.

I think it's great for any kids who love dinosaurs and space. I imagine that my nephews (5 and 6) will want to get their hands on this book and would really enjoy it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now