PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Noisy Farm and Noisy Trucks by Little Tiger Press - 25 copies of each book to giveaway (CLOSED)

(44 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Sep-13 13:54:39

Noisy Farm and Noisy Trucks are interactive pre-school books designed to stimulate toddlers' minds with exciting sounds, colourful layouts and tactile textures all in a chunky board book style. Apply for a free copy and those who are selected will receive a copy of either Noisy Farm or Noisy Trucks. Don't forget to report back and let us know what your dcs think.

mummyto2boys01 Sun 22-Sep-13 00:25:45

Ooh, fantastic - have applied for a copy. My son loves animals and trucks so I know he would love either of these books. smile

Georgethesmartestgiant Sun 22-Sep-13 10:11:30

Done - both my DC love touch and feel books but we've never read either of these books before

CatAmongThePigeons Sun 22-Sep-13 10:21:06

Done. My son loves this style of book, but why are the fire engines American ones, surely its not difficult to get stock images of British fire engines when the book is published over her?

noraaa Wed 25-Sep-13 20:02:40

done 'm curious

RebeccaSMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 27-Sep-13 09:58:58

The book giveaway is now closed. We'll email the 50 people who have been selected to receive books as soon as we hear from the publishers that they have been sent out.

leneth Wed 02-Oct-13 12:35:32

Noisy farm arrived this morning, before my email to say it was on the way, so a good surprise!
impressed with the bold design and written information, however, not sure how it will survive once little hands get hold of it as pages seem a little thin and too easy to tear.

runningincircles Wed 02-Oct-13 12:54:48

Oh a lovely surprise to receive Noisy Trucks, our copy arrived before the email too.
I have just shared the book with my 2yo and 3yo and they both love pressing the buttons to make the truck sounds. The picture are engaging and colourful and the text has just the right amount of information/questions to hold their attention. Seems to be well made and robust enough to survive the terrible twosome!
As I am writing this DS is looking at the book and chattering away to himself about it, so it gets a thumbs up from him.
Thank you very much!

Bakingabubba Wed 02-Oct-13 13:03:39

Thank you mumsnet for our copy of 'Noisy Farm' which arrived in the post this morning, about five minutes after the email did!

DS is currently only 5 weeks old but he seemed interested in the sounds and the bold colours of the book already. The text is large and bold and stands out well from the page.

The book has six different animals each on their own double page spread and with their own corresponding animal noise. Each animal has a textured part for the children to touch - furry or feathery parts, and touching these parts of the picture is associated with pushing the button that produces the corresponding animal noise.

As the previous reviewer says the pages are slightly thin, though not sure if this is just due to me being used to turning the pages of board books lately! They should withstand a reasonable amount of enthusiasm from little paws I should have thought however.

All in all this is a lovely colourful book suitable for a range of ages from the very young up into the toddler years where the educational features will really come into their own.

AugustRose Wed 02-Oct-13 13:24:57

We got ours this morning (Noisy Farm) before I got the e-mail so another happy surprised MNetter!

My 2 1/2 year old always heads for this kind of book at the library so to have his very own brand new one to keep is very exciting. I love the bright bold pictures and writing and good clear sounds. The pages are a little thin and he is having trouble locating the exact point of the button on a couple of the pages but I know this is going to be a very much used and loved book.

You wouldn't think we live rurally and just have to open the window to hear the real sounds, the books always seem better because you can press them again and again and again!!

Thank you MN smile

lottegraham Wed 02-Oct-13 14:06:07

Fantastic book !! got mine this morning before the email was very surprised.
Great sounds my newborn loved looking at the different colours and laughed at the animal noises!!
I will be buying the rest of the collection for him.
Very pleased :D

ocww Wed 02-Oct-13 15:01:59

Really chuffed to get a copy of Noisy Farm in the post this morning - thank you!
Went straight into my 2 years old's little hands and he loves it! Good big pictures & easy to read text - he's been enjoying making the noise of the animals & then pressing to see if its right! You do have to press quite hard for them to make a noise.
My son did say where's the udder on the cow on the front...?(we've been learning where milk comes from!!)

I'm sure he would love the Noisy Trucks one as well so will keep my eye out for it. Great book.

Rotterwallah Wed 02-Oct-13 15:48:35

Exciting! Noisy trucks has just been delivered, what a nice surprise. Dd (2) is very interested. She's finding some of the buttons hard to press, the grille and cement mixer particularly

DS (4) will be home soon and he's going to love it. I'll post more when he's had a look thanks mumsnet

tinypumpkin Wed 02-Oct-13 21:11:00

What a lovely surprise to receive a copy of Noisy Farm in the post today smile DD3 (just two) adores it. It was perfect timing as we are trying to get her to develop her animal noises and she was loving pressing the buttons for the noises and making the right noise for some of the animals. I did have to help with some of the buttons though as they were a bit tricky for her to press alone. Hopefully with more practice she will be able to do it alone.

DD2 (almost four) liked it too

As 'Baa' was requested for a third time at bedtime I think I can safely say it was a big hit in our house. Thank you and I will be buying more of these.

Boobybeau Wed 02-Oct-13 21:41:13

Both dd and ds (who has special needs) are really enjoying this book and have found it entertaining. they love looking for the buttons in different places on each page and the different textures give them a great sensory experience so i feel that they are being stimulated in a number of ways which is really cleaver. The pages feel quite substantial which is good as my Children are quite heavy handed. Overall, I'm very pleased with the quality and contents of this book and the biggest critics (the dc's) highly approve to.

sallyc06 Thu 03-Oct-13 08:26:53

A fantastic little book, my two year old grandson Alexander loves it, especially the fireman page. A real gem.

HopALongOn Thu 03-Oct-13 08:54:04

Our copy of Noisy Farm arrived yesterday. DS (21 months) LOVES it! He's a bit obsessed with animals at the minute, and really likes noisy books in general. The pictures are nice and bright and clear, and the touchy feely bits are lovely with lots of interesting textures. He's struggling a bit to push the button on each page as it requires a bit of a gentle touch and he's more experienced at the bashing-stuff-till-it-works technique. I agree with PPs that the pages are a bit thin and I can see DS eventually ripping them by accident. All in all though, a lovely book, and I've added a few of the other noisy books from that range to his Christmas list!

From an adult's perspective; is it just me that is ever so slightly scared of the horse noise?!

thehogopogo Thu 03-Oct-13 11:15:19

Noisy Trucks arrived yesterday thanks - lovely surprise, especially as Im expecting a boy! In the meantime my DD (18months) tested it out :D

She's not very interested in my reading at the moment, but I imagine when she and baby bro are a bit older they will enjoy listening to all the interesting bits and pieces on trucks.

She does LOVE mimicking sounds, and that she can do very happily when we press the buttons together. Her little fingers find it difficult to press the buttons on her own, but she's picked up very quickly where each button might be as its been placed under the touchy feely bits- nice touch!

Rotterwallah Thu 03-Oct-13 13:33:27

DS's verdict '^very fun indeeed^''

He's 4 and obsessed with vehicles. He likes the fire engine sound best and now wants to own a monster truck (after initial 'but monsters aren't real' confusion

Georgethesmartestgiant Thu 03-Oct-13 14:31:01

Thank you for our copy of noisy trucks. Both DC enjoyed the book. As others have said the buttons can be a bit tricky for DC to press on their own but it's no problem. The book is larger than most of our other books which I liked and has actual photos of trucks rather than illustrations. I will definitely consider buying other books from this range in the future.

missorinoco Thu 03-Oct-13 14:41:37

We received Noisy Farm - thankyou. 2 1/2 y.o. DS loves it, agree the buttons are tricky to press but it doesn't detract. I like the sounds, good volume.

I was slightly perplexed by the "not suitable for under threes" advice on the back.

HazelDormouse Thu 03-Oct-13 18:01:22

We received Noisy Farm in the post today. Thank you. Dc thought it was great. It came at a excellent time when we feeling a little sorry for ourselves with a chesty cold. I think it might have affected my brain as it took me five minutes to work out you press the yellow feathers of the cockerel, not 'Cock-a-doodle-doo', to hear the noise. He is just playing with it now.

MooseyMoo Thu 03-Oct-13 19:19:42

We received our Noisy Trucks book today. DS (23 months) absolutely loves this. Every page and sound was greeted with 'wow'. My DD (3.6) nicked this off DS to read and press buttons. She couldn't do the buttons at first but managed in the end. I would recommend/ buy this for friends/family

10000Fireflies Thu 03-Oct-13 22:45:02

The book features five farmyard animals. DS, 15 months, loves looking at the colourful illustrations, feeling the interesting textures, hearing the sounds of each animal and trying to copy them, and he's obviously very satisfied by being able to turn the chunky pages himself. The closing, medley page with all the animals and sounds together could well be the highlight. He brings it to us when he wants us to look at it with him, saying 'oooo', ie moo, and I am sure he will be doing so for quite some time to come.

I think he's disappointed, like I am, that 50% of the width of the book is taken up with the sound 'stuff' and he keeps fiddling with that bit to try and open it, as if he thinks some pages might be stuck together. Also, I'd feel a bit short changed if I'd bought it for the picture of the chicks on the front, only to find on the inside the sound is of a cockerel, and if it'd had a few more animals featured it might seem even better value. He can't make the sound buttons work himself, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Like another reviewer, I find it 'not suitable for children under 36 months' to be a bit strange, as I am sure DS will have grown out of it by then.

All in all though, DS loves his Noisy Farm book and DH and I like reading it with him. I imagine he will master many of the animal noises and names pretty soon now which is great too. Thank you, Little Tiger Press.

Roshambo Fri 04-Oct-13 06:41:24

Love that the Noisy Trucks book arrived on my DC's birthday! Was an unexpected extra bday present. It's good to see a sound book a bit different to most animal ones. My DC loves cars/ truck toys etc so this was perfect for him.
I would echo previous comments that it is very American... Would be good to have a UK version of the photos.
The buttons are quite tricky for a 1 year old to push and even I struggled to find exactly what bit of the indicated area to push at times. Can maybe see why it has the 36 mth recommendation.
Content wise... DC loved the noises and colourful pictures, pointing at them, and we tried comparing them to his toys as well which he enjoyed.
Just enough content/sounds to keep DC entertained without being too long.
Definitely a book I would buy, but would recommend a UK version.
Thankyou mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now