Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Apply for free copy: My Education by Susan Choi - July 2013

(27 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Jul-13 10:36:10

Susan Choi proves that it is possible to write something both erotic and literary and An Education is perfect for all those who loved the idea of 50 Shades but couldn't get past the first few chapters. It's a coming of age novel and tells the story of a young student who embarks on an illicit affair with her tutor's wife. Susan Choi perfectly evokes the passion and terror that comes with naive and obsessive young love in this explosive summer read. Apply for a free copy and come back and let us know what you think on this thread.

lottietiger Mon 07-Oct-13 19:59:01

Finally got round to posting my reply as got side tracked.. Disappointing read from my point of view. It was a slow start and only picked up a little. I did enjoy the ending as it was a nice love story type ending and had a bit of feel good factor but it just wasn't gripping enough for me. I probably would have given up if it wasn't for posting a review.

BigGapMum Tue 15-Oct-13 15:55:39

This is not a book that I would recommend. It starts off very wordy and it feels like hard work to understand what is being put across by the author. In fact it almost felt like she was showing off in a way. It improved in that respect but the story was not a strong one. The characters were not rounded and believable, and their actions were not rational.
I found the narrating character, Regina to be weak, and the events within the book seemed to just fall that way without consideration, other than to complete the plot of the story.
A book that was not worth the time it took to read.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now