PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway this week: Nearest Thing to Crazy

(30 Posts)
LaraMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Jun-13 10:30:08

Elizabeth Forbes' Nearest Thing to Crazy takes the reader on a tense and compelling journey, depicting just how terrifyingly easy it can be to distort someone's reality, as well as how effectively one can manipulate the power balance of relationships. Download an extract and if you fancy getting your hands on a copy apply here and come back to post your review and discuss the book with other mumsnetters on this thread.

shyhb Tue 13-Aug-13 18:09:04

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and the storyline and the way it was told from 2 points of view. Would definitely recommend.

OpheliaBumps Thu 05-Sep-13 22:34:28

Checking back in late, as I only got time to read this when I was on holiday.

I initially thought the characters weren't quite believable, but as the story unfolded the characters became more complex and rounded, and from that point I couldn't put it down. This book was a real grower and I would definitely recommend it!

I also wondered if it was written by a MNer, as there were a number of MN references.

lizzieforbes Mon 09-Sep-13 15:25:54

I just want to say thank you to all mumsnetters who have reviewed and posted about Nearest Thing to Crazy. I've really enjoyed the comments and great feedback. I'm not a mumsnetter - I obviously should be but my 'babies' are 31 and 28 so sadly didnt have this great support network in those days. However I am glad that the issues seem relevant, and have connected with people. Tallulah it was good to hear that you felt the personal comments at the back made sense. Do please - anyone - connect with me on twitter or on the NTtC Facebook page as I love 'talking' to fellow book lovers.
Best wishes and many thanks to Mumsnet for organising this book give away.
Lizzie

https://twitter.com/lizzieforbes

shrunkenhead Thu 12-Sep-13 07:22:04

I am still reading it at mo and thoroughly enjoying it! Like someone else said I don't want to get to the end too quickly! Think it had village country life down to a T, the gossip etc, and I also thought v MN with the middle class references. Hoping to finish it today....

Alfonso1 Sat 19-Oct-13 13:06:29

It has taken me some time to get to this book as I have such a backlog of books to read on my shelves. I really enjoyed it. The book had me hooked from page 1 which is unusual in my experience. I read it on my commute to work and twice missed my stop and was late for work as I was so engrossed in the book. Thank you mumsnet for the win!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now