Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Until You're Mine by Samantha Hayes - Apply for free copy

(28 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 20-Jun-13 10:46:57

If you're a fan of psychological thrillers then you'll be interested to hear about this week's book giveaway. Until You're Mine is described by Psychologies magazine as ''or any fans of Gone Girl, this startling novel (acquired by the publisher of Before I Go To Sleep) is a must read... a tense and thrilling story not to be missed'. If you fancy a gripping read, apply for one of 50 free copies and come back to review or discuss the book here.

Finally got round to reading this. It was really gripping and I didn't guess the twist which was refreshing as I usually do.

I felt the home life of the police officers was wrapped up too quickly, it felt rushed to fit in with the rest of the story and was an anti climax. But that's nit picking.

GreenShadow Mon 09-Sep-13 18:20:22

Rather sad that 50 copies of the book were sent out totally free of charge to MNers, yet only 15 or so people have reviewed it as asked. Is this the normal sort of level of response?

releasethehounds Mon 16-Sep-13 12:52:46

Coming in really late on this thread as I've only just found it! GreenShadow -in answer to your question, when MN has sent out previous copies of books there has also been a reminder sent out in due course to review it. I have been waiting for a reminder for this book and have not received one, and life being what it is, it slipped my mind. I have always reviewed previous reads.

For what it's worth I really enjoyed this book and it kept me gripped throughout. I guessed towards the end that there would be a twist, but this didn't spoil my enjoyment of it, and it was very cleverly done. Not a book to read whilst you're pregnant but that's all out of the way for me! I would definitely recommend this easy read but I'll wait until my DDs are a bit older before I pass it on as parts are a little harrowing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now