Please don't promote book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaways this week: Wendy Quill is a Crocodile's Bottom

(30 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 30-May-13 12:57:26

We have fifty copies of the superbly titled Wendy Quill is a Crocodile's Bottom to giveaway this week. Written by Wendy Meddour and illustrated by her 12 year old daughter Mina May, this is a story about school, friendships and family life and aimed at fans of Tom Gates and Clarice Bean. If you know someone who you think would enjoy Wendy Quill, apply for a free copy and find out more about the book. We ask all those who are allocated free books to come back to this thread and post your feedback.

missusjen Sun 23-Jun-13 09:14:01

This is a really lovely book with absolutely loads to capture the interest and imagination of a young lady. It's a style I loved when I was 7-10 as it made me feel I was reading a more 'grown up' book. It has caught the interest of my 13 year olds, although I think they're clearly too old for it really, but they've read it and agree that they'd have loved it when they were younger. The story is simple and the language seems perfect. It's a real fun book and I think would captivate a reluctant reader very well.

Yasmin1 Thu 27-Jun-13 21:35:45

My 10 year old daughter absolutely loved the book. She read it in one day!! Her review on the book is that " It's really funny, couldn't put the book down once I started because the story was really interesting about Wendy. The pictures were really good too."
She said she would love to read more stories about Wendy!.

Thanks

maryburrows Fri 28-Jun-13 17:15:20

very funny book- the fact there were only a few words per page and they were broken up with seriously cool pictures - would mean that a not so confident new or reluctant reader would be encouraged to keep going until all the story was explored. Also liked the add ons. Liked Wendy saying that to be famous you needed to be not the same as everyone else- amessage to youngsters that it's O.K. to be different- just be yourself!(And stand up to the bullies).

lisata Wed 17-Jul-13 02:27:17

For the record my two BOYS love this book. So don't forget to give it a try on them to. Also look out for wendy's other books - Hen in a wardrobe and the black cat dectectives.. They are faves of ours!

Crinklecut Sat 20-Jul-13 23:52:48

My Dd loved the pace of this book. It was just right for her, and she thought it was really funny. She read it with her dad, who also enjoyed it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now