PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: Maisie Hitchins: The Case of the Stolen Sixpence by Holly Webb

(44 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-May-13 15:18:52

We have fifty copies of Maisie Hitchins: The Case of the Stolen Sixpence to giveaway this week. It's the first title in a brand new series by best selling 'Animal stories' author Holly Webb. In this adventure, Detective Maisie is on her first mission in victorian London which involves an abandoned puppy and stolen sausages. If you think you may know someone who will enjoy reading Maisie Hitchins, apply for one of fifty free copies.

weathermum Thu 09-May-13 17:31:43

this book would be ideal for my grandaughter who will be visiting from Canada in a weeks time she loves books and animals so it would be ideal... help her get over the jetlag or keep her occupied if its wet

gazzalw Fri 10-May-13 14:27:38

There seems to be a current trend for detective stories for 5 -10 year old girls....DD seems to have quite a few on her bookshelves...

Amma2010 Fri 10-May-13 16:42:59

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Amma2010 Fri 10-May-13 16:46:38

oops, by mistake I've copy pasted something that shouldn't be here. So sorry. No idea as to how I can delete it. please help.

simonthedog Sat 11-May-13 14:07:18

Yes please think my DD 6 would love this.

gregcal Sat 11-May-13 20:45:02

Hi! I am a retired teacher and I would give this book to my former colleague for use in her classroom. It is good that there is something different to promote reading .

julie81 Sat 11-May-13 22:51:55

My daughter would love this. She reads all the time and a book is finished about half an hour after buying it. This genre would be good too.

mumandlawyer Sun 12-May-13 09:19:21

Trying desperately at the moment to get my DS more interested in reading. I am at war with electronical devices! A detective story may just do the trick so yes please!

pinkhousesarebest Sun 12-May-13 11:28:49

I have been searching for the book that would switch my dd onto reading in the way Percy Jackson did with my ds. The mixture of animals and intrigue may just do the trick (and I could pinch it afterwards for my classroom!).

cheekymonkeysasleep Sun 12-May-13 17:30:15

Yes please I would love to receive the book and introduce the story to my grandchildren plus me, Nana the story teller. Many thanks.

SoldeInvierno Sun 12-May-13 20:51:34

After years and years of trying to get DS interested in books, he finally started reading for pleasure about 2 weeks ago. He will be 10yo soon, but his reading skills are a bit behind. I think this book would be ideal for him.

PeasandCucumbers Sun 12-May-13 22:02:53

I would love to receive a copy for DS & DD. DD reads constantly and finally her older brother is catching up smile

GoingGoingGoth Costa Rica Sun 12-May-13 23:50:20

Ohh, signed up for this Dd is a big Holly Webb fan.

chickenums Tue 14-May-13 07:52:00

I would love a copy of this please. My daughter is to young to read it but my niece is just getting into reading and this would definitely encourage her. Thanks x

kennythekangaroo Tue 14-May-13 13:32:54

Yes please. DD is just getting in to longer books and this sounds lovely.

PhyllisDoris Tue 14-May-13 23:57:52

Yes please!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 20-May-13 16:52:53

The giveaway is now closed and we've sent over the details of the 50 winners to the publishers. All those who've been allocated books will be notified later today. Please do come and share your thoughts on this thread once you've had chance to read.

Marking place

gazzalw Tue 21-May-13 09:38:59

Another good bedtime story :-)

princessgray Thu 23-May-13 13:50:32

Just read this - it's a nice story for under 10s. The mystery isn't scary like some stories and there's a cute dog which lots of children like.

gazzalw Thu 23-May-13 13:58:01

Ours has just arrived so thank you Mumsnet. Still reading the second in the series of the Mariella Mysteries..... It will be interesting to compare and constrast the styles of this young readers detective genre....

Rowgtfc72 Thu 23-May-13 20:55:20

Ours has arrived. This will be DDs first chapter book that she owns and isnt from the library! She likes the front cover which is a good start, will let you know what she thinks.

monika3500 Fri 24-May-13 13:09:59

I got mine in post yesterday and have already read it myselfsmile It's really good. I am positive my niece will enjoy it.

Hopezibah Fri 24-May-13 20:52:54

Just got back from holiday and found it has arrived - yay! My son is on the case and is reading it tonight! Will post our feedback in the next day or so as he is a speedy reader. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now