Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Frazzle's Favourite Number

(9 Posts)
ShadeMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Apr-13 12:52:11

Frazzle's Favourite Number is great for children learning to count and work with numbers. It's written by novelist and scriptwriter Jane Marlow and follows Frazzle, a loveable character who's only learned to count to three (his favourite number) so runs into trouble when he's asked to gather 10 flowers for a birthday present.

We have 50 copies of the e-book to give away and each comes with an original song and Busy Book with over 30 pages of activities to download and keep.

Once you've read it you'll be delighted to discover Frazzle's Favourite Number is only the first in a series of colourful, illustrated e-books published at ParkPups.com, so there's lots more to enjoy. Share your thoughts on the book here.

BooBoo41 Sun 14-Apr-13 11:27:14

Hi - I'm Jane, the author of Frazzle's Favourite Number. I hope those who got one of our ebook bundles enjoy the story, song and activities. If you have any questions or suggestions, drop me a line at jane@parkpups.com. Happy reading and singing and colouring... :@)

Frazzle's Favourite Number is a First for this household. I'm rather old fashioned when it comes to books - no Kindle here! I like a real book to read either for myself or my 3 year old son. But when the offer came to review a Children's e-book I thought it was time to try something new.
I liked the story of a little dog with only 3 legs and his journey to learn his numbers. The illustrations were fun and my son enjoyed the story. It was great to have a bundle of activity books to go with the story and we'll definately have some fun with them.
I'm still not totaly convinced about e-books but my son enjoyed our first venture with this book so maybe he'll convert me.

Brummiemummie204 Wed 15-May-13 16:19:07

I loved reading the book. Zoe at 8 months is too young for e books as she is at the grabbing, sticking in mouth stage so physical books with card board pages work best for us, but we loved the story and its lesson.

Alidoll Wed 15-May-13 20:41:46

My 3 year old daughter was lucky enough to win the ebooks. Already a dab hand with her Mummy's iPad (being able to find Woolly & Tig quicker than me) she loved the bright colours and fun story. I printed out the activity books for her and being able to print them out multiple times means she can practice her colouring techniques and join the dot skills which is a big bonus. So a hit in our household!!

bucylen Thu 16-May-13 04:14:28

First,Thank you for the free book. As mentioned by others it appears that we preferred being literally 'hands on'. The kindle was grabbed constantly, so we became 'lost' too often. Great designs though for threes and above I think.

Hopezibah Thu 16-May-13 11:43:05

the kids have had a play with it and seem to enjoy it. one of my boys found it a little young for him (but he is over the age range it is aimed at anyway so that didn't surprise me) but the younger one enjoyed it and has been looking through the stories independently.

I probably wouldn't bother with printouts etc as it is always a faff to be printing things out but as an online resource to dip into it is fun and engaging.

I was also pleased to see it working on the ipad as many webpages don't seem to - so that is handy too.

thank you for letting us try it out. xxx

iwanttoscream Mon 20-May-13 10:59:38

My daughter loves the book, very good educational book. On the computer we also found lots of things to do. She loves the song of the month and the colouring bits i printed off for her. The book is geared up for 3-6 year olds, but would be suitable to older children with special needs, who need repetitive learning.

TimeForLunch Tue 21-May-13 09:30:02

My son is a bit young for this ebook, at 2 and a half. He liked the pictures initially but got very fidgety and we didn't get to the end of the story, unfortunately. I would like to try again when he is a bit older as I think it's a great idea. I enjoyed it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now