Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Five Days by Douglas Kennedy - Apply for your free copy

(13 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Mar-13 10:20:58

This week we have fifty copies of Five Days by Pursuit of Happiness author Douglas Kennedy. Described as 'A brilliant meditation on regret, fidelity, family, and second chances that will have you breathlessly turning pages to find out what happened in the past and what will happen next'. If you like the sound of this for your Easter hols' read apply for a free copy before 10am on Monday 25 March.

We'll email all winners once the books have been sent out and, as ever, do come back and let us know what you think.

babsmam Thu 21-Mar-13 10:35:10

Am I missing something the link just takes me back to the thread? How do I apply please?

LaraMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 21-Mar-13 11:07:28

Hi Babsmam,

This is the link.

babsmam Fri 22-Mar-13 06:57:46

Thanks and done

Really looking forward to reading this. I love Douglas Kennedy's books - The Pursuit of Happiness is one of my favourite books ever.

whatwoulddexterdo Fri 22-Mar-13 07:44:58

Oh I hope I win one I love his books. thanks

FoxyRevenger Fri 22-Mar-13 07:59:20

I've tried to enter but when I press Submit nothing seems to happen.

Lara can you please check if I'm entered (if you're able to)?

Thanks!

countingdown Tue 09-Apr-13 10:45:19

I haven't finished this book yet, but am really enjoying it. Is anyone else reading it?

fuckwittery Sun 14-Apr-13 22:24:35

Is there any other review thread on this book? Thank you for my free copy, mn, but I didn't really enjoy it. I couldn't engage at all with the ridiculous falling in love in a day thing, I didn't like Laura at all, she was such a wet blanket full of cliches.

tallergirl Fri 19-Apr-13 19:08:08

I received a free copy and am really enjoying it so far.thanks

Scrambledchocpancake Mon 13-May-13 20:27:54

Hi! Firstly thank you very much for giving me one of these books. I am quite a slow reader and I only get to read 1 chapter a day so I haven't actually finished it yet. However I have enjoyed it up till now. I did think that 1st day was a bit haphazard. I kept getting lost (easily distracted) as the story kept deviating to give me back ground on the characters. This bored me slightly. Now I am in the body of the story I am liking it more as the characters are telling the story in conversation rather than narration so it flows better. I am also improving my vocabulary with all the "big words" grin
As for the storyline it is very believable but a little predictable. I am hoping that the book continues to grip me and it ends well...we shall see..............

lasttothebar Wed 05-Jun-13 23:52:28

Thanks for my free book i enjoyed this as much as other books by him found the story really easy to follow and really enjoyable

countingdown Sat 08-Jun-13 11:49:42

I really enjoyed this book, it was a little predictable, but at the same time believable. I haven't read any other Douglas Kennedy books, but have added Pursuit of Happiness to my amazon wishlist after reading Five Days. Thank you again for sending this to me, I would definitely recommend this book to others who want to enjoy a quick read, which you don't have to think very hard about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now