Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Tree Fu Go ! Did you receive a free copy?

(18 Posts)
qapuccino Thu 11-Apr-13 21:00:01

Thank you for the book. The pictures are lovely and glossy. My son is a big Tree Fu Tom fan and he loves the book.

Scrambledchocpancake Sun 07-Apr-13 10:53:13

Hi Thank you so much for this book. Both my kids 2 & 4 love this programme and love to save the world every day!!! They saw I had received the book and were very excited. Alas I forgot I had it and have only just given it to them. They really like it and they identify with the characters. I overheard my 4 yo "reading" it to herself and it was really nice to see and hear her making up the stories with the characters that she knows.
From my point of view I would have preferred to have had a story to read to them rather than the introduction to the characters and setting but it has no given them a greater understanding of the programme and they just love looking at the bright and colourful pictures. They make up their own adventures until they are able to read themselves! Plus they have the moves to do whenever they like too. Really liked thank you

pickofthepops Thu 04-Apr-13 11:09:19

Thank you, yes. DS aged five was thrilled.

LLW Thu 04-Apr-13 11:07:03

My 4 yr old son loves this book. He wasn't that familiar with the characters so it was a great introduction

coolmorechick Thu 21-Mar-13 22:00:59

Thank you for our lovely copy of Tree Fu Go! It made my little boy's day to receive a packet in the post. He regularly requests this book as his bed time story. Wonderful graphics and a great introduction to the characters. He also loves that the book goes through Tree Fu Tom's moves for spells. Left us hungry for more.

littlewifey Thu 21-Mar-13 13:51:23

My daughter was so excited to receive the package through the post and loves the pictures within the book. Thank you Mumsnet!

bunnee Thu 21-Mar-13 12:52:15

My daughter was really pleased to recieve this book as she really loves the tv programme. Really nice book to read to her as she already knows the characters and can join in when it's being read to her. Thanks for the free copy.

DD loves the book but I was a little disappointed it was just an introduction to the characters rather than a story, which means we probably won't read it much. DD watches the show so already knew the characters. However, the book is brightly coloured and we talked about the things in the pictures and remembered episodes we'd watched.

RamyaDean Thu 21-Mar-13 12:15:18

Hi! Thanks for my free copy! My little boy was very excited. The book is very good, a good way to introduce the characters, however, I felt the sentences used in the book are too long for reading, especially for pre-schoolers. I'm a writer myself and it is my opinion that when children begin to read, short sentence construction helps them learn faster.

Thanks again.

Reebs123 Wed 20-Mar-13 21:12:10

Thanks for the copy. My daughter loved it. She recognised Tree Fu Tom from the tv and was super pleased with her book. It isn't really a story but introduces the characters and the moves. The illustrations are great and super colourful.

Morningnovice Wed 20-Mar-13 16:58:59

Thank you for the free copy. The children were excited to read the story and the graphics are good. It is an introduction that has left the children wanting to know more about the characters..

Thanks again for this.

beadycake Wed 20-Mar-13 16:35:16

I got my copy last week thank you!!!
I agree with the previous comments also, it is an introduction with no story but the graphics fill the page and it is appealing to the young 'uns.
Personally, some of the slightly out of focus blurry backgrounds made me squint a bit (new glasses or longer arms?)

angwan Wed 20-Mar-13 16:09:00

Yes thankyou we did get our copy. And the children were very excited when it arrived. They went straight to their bedroom to read it. They loved the graphics and and getting to know the characters, all i heards was a lot of giggling and laughter. Although i thought it would have been better with a story line, as the younger ones were slightly confused.

lorka Wed 20-Mar-13 16:07:05

Thank you for the book. My daughter was over the moon to get it. I have read it to her a couple of times. Like the others have said it is more like an introduction to the characters but my daughter didn't know any of them so really enjoyed finding out about them. She said she would like to read more in the series.
Thanks again!

cakeaddict Wed 20-Mar-13 14:12:43

Thanks for the copy. My boys were really pleased to get this. I have to agree that it's an introduction to the characters though and not a story, which if you already have established Tree-Fu fans isn't quite so good... It is a nice book though.

Goonergirl1 Wed 20-Mar-13 14:08:45

Thank you for the free copy - my son loves it (especially the parts when he can use his tree fu magic) - I have to read it to him every night.
It's more of an introduction to the characters than a story but he doesn't seem to mind. Thank you again.

katb1973 Wed 20-Mar-13 14:06:34

Still waiting for mine I'm afraid....

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 20-Mar-13 13:34:34

We gave away 50 copies of Tree Fu Go! in February. If you were one of the lucky recipients, please do let us know what your Dcs thought on this thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now