Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

I dont understand the Book Giveways - Can anyone help

(7 Posts)
LaraMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 28-May-13 10:26:23

mirai

Just bumping to ask if non-UK MNers can apply for the giveaways, or can't you post internationally? smile

Hi Mirai,
Unfortunately applicants must be UK residents in order to be considered for giveaways, but both UK and non- UK residents can post on the threads.

mirai Sun 26-May-13 10:08:01

Just bumping to ask if non-UK MNers can apply for the giveaways, or can't you post internationally? smile

ShadeMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 25-Feb-13 15:16:51

Here is the page Rachel promised we'd create explaining how book giveaways work.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 15-Feb-13 14:28:17

Sorry for confusion. We should definitely have an explanation of the different book giveaways that go on each month and how they work. We'll work on getting this up next week and link to the page from this discussion area. In the meantime here's an explanation of the various different book giveaways we run each month.

Picturesinthefirelight is right: 15th of month is the date for the Book of the month giveaway. We've just launched our book of the month today and there's still time to apply for a free copy. 50 copies of Feb book of the month (Gone Girl) have already been given away and author Gillian Flynn is joining us for book club discussion on Tuesday 26 February at 9pm.

We also run a Children's book club which features two books each month; picture book and chapter book. These are announced on 1st of each month on Children's books discussion board and on the home page (check Mumsnet Latest box). There's always chance to access one of 50 copies of each book.

New to 2013 is our Non-fiction book of the month. Again this will start on 1st of Month and feature a range of non-fiction books from memoirs to historical books. Again 50 copies will be up for grabs at the beginning of each month and there will be the opportunity to share your thoughts with other mumsnetters and sometimes to interact with the author.

Each month from the book club newsletter we give away a number of books - usually three, but sometimes more and a range of children's and adults's fiction and non-fiction. The newsletter is sent out on second Tuesday of each month unless we specify otherwise and you need to be signed up to receive this. We announce the books each month on the book giveaways discussion area on Talk once the books have been sent out and ask mumsnetters to come back and post their thoughts (good or bad) on the thread once they've read the books.

Finally, we're also now running a weekly book giveaway. This is announced each Thursday from the home page and also from the parenting newsletter. There's still time to apply for this weeks' book: David Gillham's City of Women. Again, we'll start a discussion thread each week asking mumsnetters who receive the books to feedback.

Picturesinthefirelight Thu 14-Feb-13 21:37:57

It's just the Book Club Book of the Month that goes live on 15th.

The other books went live the day the email was sent though there are sometimes other random ones at other times.

whatwoulddexterdo Wed 13-Feb-13 20:27:07

Anyone?

whatwoulddexterdo Wed 13-Feb-13 16:09:13

I received an email from the book club with the months book giveaways listed and it said they would go live on 15 of each month and be live for 24 hours from 10 am. This months thread is live on 13th and has expired already? Also I would like to apply for the book called This Beautiful Life and as far as I can see there is only one book, the Midwives to apply for.

Sorry if this is not clear but I am very confused.
Thanks in advance,
Dexter

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now