Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Win a copy of Queenie by Jacqueline Wilson. Post your thoughts on the book.

(14 Posts)
ShadeMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 31-Jan-13 11:58:32

Queenie is the brilliant new book from bestselling author Jacqueline Wilson. It's 1953, the year Elizabeth is to be crowned Queen of England and Elsie Kettle can't wait to go to London to see the celebrations on Coronation Day. Elsie lives with her Nan (her mum works as a showgirl, so she's not around very often). She and Nan are very close but Elsie longs for a best friend. Then tragedy strikes. Nan and Elsie both fall ill, and Elsie finds herself whisked away to the children's ward of the hospital...

Jacqueline Wilson has sold over ten million books, which have been translated into over thirty languages. Her creations include the popular Tracy Beaker series, the story of a child who lives in residential and foster care, which was successfully adapted for TV. Her books have also been adapted for radio - including The Bed and Breakfast Star, The Story of Tracy Beaker and The Dare Game, all of which have been broadcast on BBC Radio 4. Stage adaptations of The Lottie Project (1997) and Double Act have toured nationally. In 2002, Jacqueline Wilson was awarded an OBE for services to literacy in schools.

Enter our draw before the 9am on Monday 4 February to win one of 50 copies of Queenie.

Willowbast Fri 01-Feb-13 10:23:35

I like the look of this book and think my 7 year old daughter will love it - especially if a cat is involved!! I lived with my nan, so for me it has a personal fondness. Funnily enough, I was discussed the Tracy Beaker books with my daughter, as she watches it on CBBC and I suggested we get her the books to read - as books are always much better!! AND she's a book worm, just like me!

Thank you for the opportunity to win a copy of the book!!!

mrs2cats Sat 02-Feb-13 09:07:14

My daughter loves Jacqueline Wilson and has read many of her books. She's also been inspired to read about Jacqueline Wilson and this has led her on to books that inspired Jacqueline - Ballet Shoes, Five Children and It, Enid Blyton etc

This book sounds like a wonderful addition to the collection. I like the fact that Jacqueline's families aren't the 'typical' 2 adults + 2 children so that children gain a different perspective on family life. Also, the way that Jacqueline tackles issues that may worry children in a very sensitive way.

almostanotherday Mon 04-Feb-13 00:00:44

My DD loves all JW books so I'm sure this will be on her birthday present list smile

barbsbarbs Mon 04-Feb-13 07:53:59

Queenie sounds like a great book, I will be stealing it of my 13 year old daughter to read. love jacqeline wilson.

orangepudding Mon 04-Feb-13 07:58:05

My 8 year old is making her way through all the JW books she can find, she would love this one too!

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Feb-13 15:34:23

We've now closed the giveaway and will send the names and addresses of the fifty winners to the publishers. We'll post on this thread once the books have been sent out and if you are one of the lucky winners, please do post up your thoughts or your dc's comments or reviews of the Queenie.

Maddylou2 Thu 07-Feb-13 11:42:49

I've just received my copy, thank you so much what a lovely surprise for my daughter when she comes home from school. Jacqueline Wilson is her favourite author.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 07-Feb-13 21:13:23

Maddylou2

I've just received my copy, thank you so much what a lovely surprise for my daughter when she comes home from school. Jacqueline Wilson is her favourite author.

Thanks for letting us know they've arrived Maddylou. Do come back and let us know whether your daughter enjoys it.

mrspink27 Fri 08-Feb-13 11:40:11

I received my copy today! DD1 will be thrilled as she was looking at this very book in Waterstones and saying she will save her pocket money to buy it for herself! Thanks so much!

hermancakedestroyer Fri 08-Feb-13 20:59:51

I have just received my copy,thank you so much. My daughter is thrilled. Will post a review when book is read. Many thanks

TallulahTwinkle Tue 12-Feb-13 16:07:35

Just picked a mystery parcel up from the post office and it was this - what a lovely surprise! My dd said she was 'shaking with happiness' smile

Thank you, will post again when she as read it.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 13-Feb-13 09:46:27

It's great to hear the books have arrived. Please do come back to this thread and let us know whether your dds enjoy the books. Thanks

laurablake Fri 26-Jul-13 09:38:45

beautifull author absolutely love ms wilson and her work , xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now