Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

November book giveaways - post your feedback here

(2 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Dec-12 13:13:21

In November we gave away copies of Simon Mayo's Itch, Carry the One by Carol Anshaw and The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill. If you were a lucky recipient of one of these books, please do post your feedback on this thread once you've read so we can pass on to the publishers and authors. Thanks

chrisrobin Wed 23-Jan-13 16:18:08

Thank you for the copy of Carry the One. It was an interesting premise and I enjoyed reading it. I found the imagary very powerful and I really got a sense of the scenes the author was portraying. There is a definite sense of Alice in particular living her life solely around the night of the accident, unwilling or unable to let go of anything connected to it. I found the changes in time a little off putting as I started reading each chapter then a few pages in realised it was supposed to be a few days/months/years later, which threw me each time and made me have to rethink or re-read the beginning of the chapter.
Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now