Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

October book giveaways

(16 Posts)
Dillydollydaydream Thu 29-Nov-12 19:27:19

I received The Emerald Star too. It had no letter in though. I haven't purchased it from anywhere so I can only assume it was from the book giveaway. My dd will be very happy, she loves JW books! smile

Belo Wed 28-Nov-12 13:52:45

I received Emerald Star. Thank you. I've hidden it away and will give it to DD1 for Christmas. She's currently reading Sapphire Battersea so it is the perfect book for her.

weathermum Mon 26-Nov-12 17:13:41

just had a copy of emerald star it says I have won it in a competition featured on mum's net ? Did anyone else have the same congratulations slip?

TimrousBeastie Mon 26-Nov-12 11:30:33

received emerald star today aswell - thank you so much, hope my dd will enjoy it.

where do I find the feedback thread?

Lesbeadiva Sat 24-Nov-12 15:31:59

I received Emerald star, thank you

insanityscratching Sat 24-Nov-12 12:22:10

I've just received Emerald Star so thank you very much. I'll wrap it as a gift for dd for Christmas though rather than give it to her just now as she had a book from book club at school yesterday.

SleeveOfWizard Sat 03-Nov-12 23:09:35

I've read The Confidant, but am skimming through it again. I really enjoyed the book but did find it confusing in places, but I think that is more to do with my inability to retain information! Would love to hear any other readers' views on the book.

It's well worth reading.

SleeveOfWizard Wed 31-Oct-12 00:46:41

Am hooked on The Confidant, about a third the way through, very thought provoking.

Madz Tue 30-Oct-12 12:03:39

Hi Just received Constable and Toop and Under my hat. Thank you so much my girls will really enjoy reading them.

AGeeksWife Sat 27-Oct-12 15:23:47

Hello Tilly arrived today, am looking forward to reading with my new niece Tilly! Thank you!

yani Thu 25-Oct-12 14:48:44

Thank you.
I received a copy of The Confidant yesterday.
Much appreciated, and I am looking forward to starting it soon.

Indith Thu 25-Oct-12 14:44:26

Hello Tilly arrived today. I've read it to dd already and she has her nose stuck in it now "reading" it and looking at all the pictures smile

SleeveOfWizard Wed 24-Oct-12 18:33:08

Thank you very much. Just got my copy of The Confidant. Looking forward to reading it. smile

typicalvirgo Wed 24-Oct-12 13:26:39

Another big thank you from me too.

just received mr gum CDs this morning - perfect timing as just in time for our trip to the south coast this half term and 3 hours in the car !

countingdown Mon 22-Oct-12 14:52:43

Thank you very much, I have just received a copy of The End of Men and The Rise of Women. Looking forward to starting it.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Oct-12 12:40:00

A reminder that the monthly bookclub newsletter was sent out yesterday evening and should be sitting in your inboxes. If it's not there, do check your spam folder and make sure you're signed up to the newsletter. The forms are now open to apply for the brilliant array of free books we have on offer this month. Forms are open until 10am tomorrow (Weds 17th) morning.

The books we're giving away this month are: The hugely discussed The End of Men and The Rise of Women by Hanna Rosin, The Confidant by Hélène Grémillon, Hello Tilly by Polly Dunbar, Emerald Star by Jacqueline Wilson, a collection of Andy Stanton's Mr Gum stories read by Kate Winslet on audio books and two spooky books from Hot Key Books; Under My Hat (an anthology of spooky stories) and the darkly comic story by Blue Peter winner Gareth P. Jones, Constable and Stoop.

We'll be closing all the forms tomorrow morning, choosing the winners and sending their details over to the publishers tomorrow afternoon. The books should arrive within the next ten days. If there's any delay, we'll post up on this thread. If you do receive any of the free books this month, we'll be setting up a feedback thread and ask you to please post your feedback once you've had chance to read. The more feedback we get, the more chance of continuing to give away free books each month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now