Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

July book giveaway

(23 Posts)
littlewifey Fri 13-Jul-12 21:26:10

Has anyone received an email to say they have won One of the July books yet? I know the last couple of months they have gone out on the Friday following the giveaway so am presuming I have been unsuccessful this month but just thought I'd check!

Matildathebrave Sat 14-Jul-12 16:59:55

I didn't get one last month and haven't heard this month either so don't think I've won again.

Matilda

littlewifey Sat 14-Jul-12 17:56:19

Thanks for your reply. I have asked in the 'how book giveaways work' thread to see if someone from mumsnet HQ will answer if winners have been outfield yet.

littlewifey Sat 14-Jul-12 17:56:36

Meant notified!

Galaxymum Wed 18-Jul-12 16:01:56

I just received You by Joanna Briscoe in post today. Thank you lovely Mumsnet team. You made my day!

Jo178 Wed 18-Jul-12 19:00:15

I didn't even get the book club newsletter even though my settings say I'm subscribed! Please can someone check this for me? Thank you.

TheMonster Wed 18-Jul-12 19:02:24

I received a copy of The Antidote today smile

Stokey Wed 18-Jul-12 21:09:34

I also got The Antidote today. DH had just been telling me off for being negative so think that is one for him.

countingdown Fri 20-Jul-12 09:26:31

I didn't get an email to say that I would be receiving a book, so was really surprised when the postman just brought a copy of The White Lie. Thank you so much - a pleasant start to a bleak, rainy day. Looking forward to reading it.

porridgelover Fri 20-Jul-12 14:32:19

Thank you Mumsnet. I got a copy of The Submission this morning. It looks good on first glance. If the weather stays good, I will put my feet up in the garden for a while with it!

SamsGoldilocks Fri 20-Jul-12 21:09:35

I'm signed up for book club notifications but I never get the newsletter either

snozzlemaid Mon 23-Jul-12 13:41:16

Yay! No email received but just got Cavalier Queen in the post. A very pleasant surprise.
Thank you.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 23-Jul-12 14:46:58

All the books from July's giveaway have now been sent out. We are testing different ways of managing the giveaways to figure out the easiest and most time efficient method. This month we organised the giveaway as usual, picked the winners, informed the publisher but didn't send emails out to inform you that the book was coming. We'll keep you posted on whether this changes again.

July's book giveaways were: You by Joanna Briscoe, Cavalier Queen by Fiona Mountain, The Antidote by Oliver Burkeman, The Child Who by Simon Lelic, Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and The White Lie by Andrea Gillies and The Two Week Wait by Sarah Rayner. If you have received a copy of one of these books please do post your thoughts or reviews on this thread when you've had chance to read the books. Without wishing to sound like a stuck record blush the more feedback we get, the easier it will be to convince publishers to give us more books to give away in the future.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 23-Jul-12 14:54:49

SamsGoldilocks

I'm signed up for book club notifications but I never get the newsletter either

You need to check you are definitely signed up for the bookclub newsletter by clicking here and then check that it hasn't gone into your spam folder. If you're still confused send me a pm. The next bookclub newsletter will be sent out on Monday 10th September.

SamsGoldilocks Wed 25-Jul-12 20:50:13

yes I'm already signed up, my mails don't go to spam , other newsletters come through eg swears by, talk round up but just not book club ones.

shizuma Thu 26-Jul-12 18:15:02

Yep me too i get the other newsletter but not about the book club even though i said yes to email notification on my settings.

TheLightPassenger Thu 26-Jul-12 18:27:39

are you only meant to ask for one of the books, out of interest, or is it OK to ask for more than one?

MrsJohnDeere Thu 26-Jul-12 18:41:56

I'm signed up but don't get the book clubs ones either.

Huffpot Sat 28-Jul-12 23:01:56

I got "The two week wait" and absolutely loved it.
A compelling read which I shall recommend

Stokey Tue 31-Jul-12 21:41:43

I got The white lie which was brilliant, couldn't put it down. Pretended to be feeding dd2 for a good 20 mins extra so I could stay in bed reading it. Highly recommended.

hanahsaunt Wed 01-Aug-12 11:23:26

I've just finished The White Lie - Andrea Gillies. Really, really enjoyed it. Lovely to have a book that takes some reading - recent circumstances have reduced my normal reading to very light/easy reading and it was refreshing to be presented with a book that I could really engage with rather than gloss over - something I may not have done had the book not just popped through the letterbox (can I jsut say surprise books are fabulous - really brightens the day!). Improving my mental health notwithstanding, this is a beautifully written book, intruiging complex characters and a quite gripping plot. Looking forward to more from her.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 06-Sep-12 15:35:40

Thanks for the feedback. If anyone else has read any of July's giveaway books over the summer we'd love to hear your thoughts so post here.

September's bookclub newsletter is coming your way next week (Monday) so do watch out for more great free books.

Inlovewith2014 Tue 05-Aug-14 16:29:44

Thanks mums net received and read the mountains echoed
Loved it!!! Finished it just before my holiday ended though and then disappointed that they where not more chapters lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now