PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaways - did you get a free book in April ?

(28 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 14-May-12 16:29:08

Did you receive a copy of one of the free books in April? We gave away copies of (ahem) Fifty shades of Grey by EL James, The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaug, the wonderful Heft by Liz Moore, Secrets of the Tides by Hannah Richell and finally Fay Ripley's What's for Dinner.

If you were lucky last month and got your hands on one of these and you've had chance to read, please do let us know what you thought on this thread.

If you haven't already, make sure you're signed up for the bookclub newsletter which is coming your way tomorrow which includes our latest list of over 200 books up for grabs, including some great fiction, a parenting book and wonderful book for your kids.

utterlyslutterly Wed 16-May-12 19:38:25

I received Fifty Shades of Grey and The Language of Flowers - I've finished the first (terribly written but strangely moreish blush). Towards the end I did start skipping the sex every six minutes to find out more about Christian's childhood. Not sure I can bring myself to buy the 2nd in the trilogy though.

NoraHelmer Wed 16-May-12 19:44:57

Aaarrrgh - I sat here waiting for the forms to go live, having promised the DC an extra 5 mins before bedtime. Then I had to go and put them to bed and missed them sad Filled the forms in anyway, just in case, but probably don't stand a chance this time.

beachhutbetty Wed 06-Jun-12 08:21:39

Just looking at this thread again and it would seem that a couple of people have received 'Language of Flowers', however, I haven't received my copy yet. Is it just me or are there others waiting for this book?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now