Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

MARCH book giveaway

(4 Posts)
helenaa Wed 09-May-12 17:27:29

I was lucky enough to get a copy of The Glovemaker quite liked it but thought the author was let down by her editors she is American and uses a few americanisms like 'creek' instead of stream which spoilt it for me. I didnt really enjoy the story, which was pretty grim but one of those things thats so awful you cant stop watching it if u know what I mean, just wanted to get to the end to see how it panned out. Anyhow thanks Mumsnet for the free read.

Michiem Thu 26-Apr-12 00:19:40

I am liking Smut but still getting into it. I chose this because Alan Bennett was one of our set texts at school for English and I enjoyed it. This is very adult and cheeky, loving it wink old people and sex, what is there not to love. It compliments diary of a round heeled woman which I just finished reading

juneybean Wed 25-Apr-12 13:17:59

Ohh Rachel, it was the second book A Midsummer Tights Dream (of the series Withering Tights). I've not read it yet, but I selected that one because I'm a child at heart, and Withering Tights was hilariously funny grin

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 23-Apr-12 11:50:51

In March we gave away copies of: Smut by Alan Bennett, Defending Jacob by William Landay, The Glovemaker by Stacia M. Brown and Withering Tights by Louise Rennison. If you were lucky enough to acquire one of these books, please do let us know what you thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now