Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

FEB book giveaway

(4 Posts)
rachyrah Sat 19-Jan-13 17:46:42

I received a copy of Itch as well. How exciting it was to have won something, especially from the beloved mumsnet, and even better a brilliant book!

I loved this book. An exciting read, it's a real page turner. It centres around a boy who is a bit of a loner and a science geek, called itch. Itch becomes embroiled in an ingenious thrill-a-minute plot that is full of action.. Intrigue, villans, chases, explosions and a death...

The science element of this book seems to be well researched and is written beautifully into the plot. You don't need to understand the first thing about chemistry to follow this, but it might leave you wishing you did! Who knew Simon Mayo had it in him?! I can't wait for the sequel!

Michiem Thu 26-Apr-12 00:20:57

Simon Mayo came to our school to do a book launch, it actually sounded really good but as DD is only 4 didn't think she could handle it just yet

mistlethrush Mon 23-Apr-12 11:38:54

I've been looking for a thread on this!

I got a copy of Itch - thank you so much! It was absolutely gripping. Its a bit too advanced for Ds as yet (he's only just turned 7) but I thought I should start it off so that I could supply it to him at an appropriate time. It was a real page turner, and lots of things got ignored whilst I finished it. I hope that Simon Mayo has plans for another.

There's a bit of science in there (and I'm afraid I dropped chemistry as soon as possible so don't know whether its accurate blush) but its not overpowering and certainly not critical to enjoying the story to know anything about it.

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 23-Apr-12 11:28:22

In February we gave away copies of: Gillespie & I by Jane Harris, Losing You by Susan Lewis, The Playgroup by Janey Fraser and Itch by Simon Mayo. If you received any of these and have read, please do share your comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now