Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

Check out our new (freebietastic) Talk topic

(53 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 20-Apr-12 11:23:45

Hello, a few words about this new Talk area <clears throat>.

In case you weren't aware, each month we giveaway around 250 books from our book club newsletter. 

We aim to include a variety of books and in the past we've given away Booker longlisted novels, historical fiction, crime, 'chick lit' as well as cookery books, children's books and parenting books. 

We've created this new discussion topic so we can announce each month which books will be included in the giveaway and also to give you a place to share your thoughts and discuss the giveaway books you acquire with other Mumsnetters once you've read them. 

As you know, nowt comes for free and the more feedback we can give the publishers, the more likely we are to continue getting such a wide range and abundance of great books to offer for free each month. 

To make sure you're up to date on all things literary on MN, sign up to the book club newsletter, follow @mumsnetbookclub twitter feed and check this area of the site each month.

Fifty Shades of Grey just landed on my door mat. Wasn't even aware that I'd won one! Having seen the above reviews now though, I'm not sure if it'll be any good. Willing to give it a shot though, gotta love a free read. Thanks MN.

Kveta Wed 09-May-12 10:17:02

Got my copy of Fifty Shades of Grey yesterday - looking forward to reading it, and then passing it on to another deserving person!!

thanks MN smile

beachhutbetty Wed 09-May-12 10:17:42

I got a copy of 50 shades yesterday too, I wasn't expecting it either. I did get an email telling me I'd been lucky with The Language of Flowers but no sign of the book yet.
Still as RaisingEmbers says "gotta love a free read"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now