Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

free books

(13 Posts)
Fletch1 Wed 09-May-12 16:45:57

Got my free book in the post yesterday smile

Fletch1 Wed 25-Apr-12 12:40:56

Hi
I applied for a copy of a free book as soon as the form went live - would I have heard by now if I'd been lucky enough to get one?

pantaloons Tue 24-Apr-12 19:38:34

Hi Tech! It's not come I'm afraid, I received the Talk and News emails on the 19th & 20th and one about Pearsons today, but no Book Club. I changed my email address a little while ago on my personal details. Could it be something to do with that?

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 24-Apr-12 16:55:22

Hi Pantaloons, our system thinks we think we sent you a book club email on Tuesday 17th April at 23:33:03. Could you possibly check if it's in your spam or junk folder and let me know. Thanks.

pantaloons Sun 22-Apr-12 12:53:51

Can I just ask, my newsletter tick sheet thingy says I'm in the Book Club, but I never get an email <sob>. Am I doing something wrong/missing some vital link or tick box?

NoraHelmer Sun 22-Apr-12 12:50:47
NoraHelmer Fri 20-Apr-12 12:18:57

Maybe having the form go live in the evening, say 8pm, would help people who are out during the day and don't have access to MN until the evening.

I missed out because it was late, I had to give up and take ds to nursery

yUMMYmUMMYb Fri 20-Apr-12 09:29:32

Such a difficult one, so hard to please everyone. Perhaps having form go live at different times would be good. Seems a bit unfair if you have a 12 appointment / meeting every wednesday. I think giving free books to people who post on the 'books' talkboards regularly is a good idea...

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Apr-12 13:47:56

We were tardy blush. And the books went vanishingly quickly. But 250 people did get free books. smile We're having a think about how we can best do book giveaways.

NoraHelmer Wed 18-Apr-12 18:08:33

The best way to do it is to save the email you get from MN and then click on the link, like Sharpkat says. And yes, I noticed the form didn't go live until 12.10pm. The books have probably all gone now, but worth remembering for next month leo smile.

Sharpkat Wed 18-Apr-12 14:59:43

I applied. It was not live until about 12.10pm. I used the link from the email they sent last night.

leo69 Wed 18-Apr-12 14:48:49

How come every time I try to apply for a 'free book giveaway' at 12 noon, the shortcut disappears? Did anyone else manage to get a free book?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now