Please don't promote book giveaways book giveaways here. If you'd like to discuss book giveaways on Mumsnet, contactus@mumsnet.com

free books

(13 Posts)
leo69 Wed 18-Apr-12 14:48:49

How come every time I try to apply for a 'free book giveaway' at 12 noon, the shortcut disappears? Did anyone else manage to get a free book?

Sharpkat Wed 18-Apr-12 14:59:43

I applied. It was not live until about 12.10pm. I used the link from the email they sent last night.

NoraHelmer Wed 18-Apr-12 18:08:33

The best way to do it is to save the email you get from MN and then click on the link, like Sharpkat says. And yes, I noticed the form didn't go live until 12.10pm. The books have probably all gone now, but worth remembering for next month leo smile.

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Apr-12 13:47:56

We were tardy blush. And the books went vanishingly quickly. But 250 people did get free books. smile We're having a think about how we can best do book giveaways.

yUMMYmUMMYb Fri 20-Apr-12 09:29:32

Such a difficult one, so hard to please everyone. Perhaps having form go live at different times would be good. Seems a bit unfair if you have a 12 appointment / meeting every wednesday. I think giving free books to people who post on the 'books' talkboards regularly is a good idea...

I missed out because it was late, I had to give up and take ds to nursery

NoraHelmer Fri 20-Apr-12 12:18:57

Maybe having the form go live in the evening, say 8pm, would help people who are out during the day and don't have access to MN until the evening.

NoraHelmer Sun 22-Apr-12 12:50:47
pantaloons Sun 22-Apr-12 12:53:51

Can I just ask, my newsletter tick sheet thingy says I'm in the Book Club, but I never get an email <sob>. Am I doing something wrong/missing some vital link or tick box?

Tech (MNHQ) Tue 24-Apr-12 16:55:22

Hi Pantaloons, our system thinks we think we sent you a book club email on Tuesday 17th April at 23:33:03. Could you possibly check if it's in your spam or junk folder and let me know. Thanks.

pantaloons Tue 24-Apr-12 19:38:34

Hi Tech! It's not come I'm afraid, I received the Talk and News emails on the 19th & 20th and one about Pearsons today, but no Book Club. I changed my email address a little while ago on my personal details. Could it be something to do with that?

Fletch1 Wed 25-Apr-12 12:40:56

Hi
I applied for a copy of a free book as soon as the form went live - would I have heard by now if I'd been lucky enough to get one?

Fletch1 Wed 09-May-12 16:45:57

Got my free book in the post yesterday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now