PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

DEFENDING JACOB its a "must read"

(9 Posts)
MsNorbury Mon 26-Mar-12 07:21:20

Im Not sure it's the most literary or plausible of books but lord it's good.
Only criticism is I'd have ended it one or two chapters earlier.

NoraHelmer Mon 26-Mar-12 08:04:17

I've just got a copy of this too - looks like it's going to be a good read. Looking forward to reading it smile.

MsNorbury Mon 26-Mar-12 08:09:13

Yes. Think I rushed. Am going to re read.

Hobs Mon 09-Apr-12 21:29:19

I've just got a copy of this. Looking forward to reading it.

milti Mon 09-Apr-12 22:21:41

brilliant book- it's like scott turrow meets jodi picoult (when shes on good form and not rambling on about whales or Native American spiritualism/eskimos)

melliebobs Sat 02-Jun-12 22:02:34

I'm just over halfway. The trial has just started. Just wish I had more time to put into it. But with a high maintenance 12 week old it's not looking likely!!!

What's it about - looking for a good book but not wanting to feel like I did after reading "we need to talk about Kevin"

melliebobs Fri 08-Jun-12 17:23:09

Hmmmm I'm 88% of the way through (I worked it out cos I take the mick of my sister cos she has a kindle and I said I prefer a actual book and her comeback was a kindle tells you how much you have read. I'm great?!) anyway. I'm finding this a pita to read. I don't know about anyone else but books where there is too much dialogue I find hard to cope with and a big chunk of it being a court case there is too much backwards and forwards of conversation

melliebobs Mon 18-Jun-12 14:11:07

Fiiiiinished. It was ok. Bit of a twist at the end and the ending seemed a bit of a cop out too. Like they couldn't be bothered to spend a bit of time wrapping the story up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now