Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

NHS interview

(6 Posts)
user1475099322 Wed 28-Sep-16 22:59:21

I have an interview for a clerk position int NHS Friday. Could anyone give me some tips please what sort of questions the are going to ask. I really need this job.

YuckYuckEwwww Thu 29-Sep-16 11:22:58

What do you feel you've done well in your previous job?

Something about data protection, maybe answering the phone to non next of kins asking questions about patients

what do you see as your weaknesses?

Why do you think you'ld be good at this job

Your understanding of the job

NHS jobs are usually points based, so go and look at the person spec and think of ways you can demonstrate in interview that you meet them .

LilaTheLion Thu 29-Sep-16 11:28:27

Many Trusts now have 'values', and do values based interviews. Have a look on their website to see if they do.

Think of specific examples of when you have met/demonstrated the values, or go through the job spec and think of an example for each requirement or desirable qualification or quality.

Be prepared to discuss when something has gone wrong, mistakes you have made and what you did consequently.

Good luck!

Rosecrb3 Thu 29-Sep-16 18:57:49

Thank you for all your advice. I will let you know the outcome. I might be able to give some feedback to someone.

YuckYuckEwwww Thu 29-Sep-16 21:41:45

Good luck

LilaTheLion Fri 30-Sep-16 17:38:01

How did it go?
smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now