Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

HELP!!!!!!!! 9 month old goes keeps waking up

(5 Posts)
smcvf19 Fri 26-Aug-16 08:36:47

Hi all.

I have a 9 month old baby girl and sleeping at night hasn't been a problem - UNTIL LAST WEEK!!! We normally put our girls to sleep at 10pm, they will fall asleep but then the little one will wake up half an hour later and SCREAM the house down.
I'm one of those mums that if they cry I wont go and pick them up straight away so i leave it for a bit in the hope she will eventually fall asleep. But nothing is working. Last night, I gave in and brought her to my bed at 12.45am, she must have fallen asleep around 2am. And then we had to get up at 6.30am because I have to drop them at the childminder at 7.30am to go to work.
I don't know what it can be. I give her a bath around 9.30pm, take her up, give her her bottle and put her to bed. I have been doing this for months and she always slept through the night, but since Wednesday last week I believe, she just wakes up and screams and screams until we go and pick her up.
Has anyone gone through this? What can I do? Me and hubby work full time and we have only been getting around 5 hours sleep at night so any advice would be appreciate it.

Thank you

Vix17 Fri 07-Oct-16 17:54:26

I feel your pain, my DD is 1 next week she has a similar routine to yours she went through a phase of waking up we still don't know what caused it. I'm assuming you have ruled out (where possible) the obvoius - nappy, hungry, hot, cold, teething... Not much help I'm afraid but flowers for you and hope she settles again soon.

3kids1dad Tue 18-Oct-16 07:02:44

Has there been any change of routine or added stresses/arguments that may have triggered it? Babies are very sensitive to even slight tensions (such as bad day at work etc) and demand extra comfort.
Any change in bedding/room/washing powder etc could change the usual softness/smell which may agitate.
9months possible teething or just normal growth pains.
You mentioned another child..is it possible they have 'helped' by putting a gift in the cot? My eldest put a piece of lego under her sisters underblanket 'as a present'

TTToddlers Fri 28-Oct-16 03:38:40

She could be just going through a sleep regression phase. My DD had a similar phase at 9 months but it only lasted a week. How is she doing now? If it is going on for weeks on end perhaps you could try the controlled cry it out method? We resorted to this when my previously perfect sleeping DD was 18 months. Just couldn't take the crying and lack of sleep any longer! I documented the full details on my blog if you're interested: bit.ly/2edHmFJ
but essentially it worked like magic in just 4 nights. She's 20 months now and all is still well. Good luck!!

aliceryemill Mon 07-Nov-16 17:54:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now