Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Death of my ex-husband

(3 Posts)
user1471903596 Mon 22-Aug-16 23:23:48

On 31 July 2016, my ex-husband unexpectedly and prematurely died of a massive stroke. We were married for 22 years and had 2 sons together - aged 20 and 17. We divorced 10 years ago and he subsequently got together with a new partner and her 2 sons. Sadly, for us, he was a better dad to her 2 sons than our 2 sons. Not surprisingly, we are very upset by these recent events. My sons are not only mourning the loss of their dad but also the loss of a dad who was rarely there for them. I am mourning the loss of a man whom I spent 22 years with and the loss of my marriage. Plus trying to deal with my anger that he was such a poor father to my gorgeous boys - both of whom have had serious problems as teenagers, exacerbated by the absence of their father. I am posting this in the hope that some of you might have some wisdom and kind comments to help us through. I am new to this site. It was recommended by a friend and I hope that it is OK to post about this kind of stuff. Thank you.

PickAChew Mon 22-Aug-16 23:27:21

One can only assume that he had somewhat learnt from his mistakes the second time around. Still sucks for you and your children, though flowers

MummyNic7 Sat 27-Aug-16 21:11:47

I am sorry for your loss, sometimes it helps to simple vent and have an arena to vent.,.... I will pray for you and as a Christian always point you in the direction of my faith to a loving saviour that takes away very disappointment hurt and pain and is a restorer.... I too lost someone very dear to me many years ago and couldn't have got through it without the hope and love of my saviour Jesus Christ xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now